Ch.5

I woke with a start, as a loud clunking noise reverberated around the room. I rubbed my eyes and looked over to Four, who was making the awful noise. "I want everyone in the pit in two minutes."

I got to my feet and started getting dressed immediately. Tris did the same. As I finished, I noticed Christina had gone back to sleep. I smirked. "OH MY GOD CHRISTINA LOOK BEHIND YOU! IT'S FOUR! HE'S GONNA GET YOU!"

She jumped up with a scream. She sat up so fast that she ended up falling out of bed. I fell to my ass, laughing. Christina looked around frantically, trying to locate Four. "Oh my god! Chris don't worry- I was just- I was just-" I wheezed. "I was just kidding man."

Christina glared at me and got up. She walked over and play kicked me, laughing as well.

We all got ready and went down to the pit. Four explained the stages of training, which I knew already. I knew every part of training and how to pass it. Faction Initiation: Volume Three. I read it a million times.

He said we would be pushed to our breaking point. Sounds hopeful. I listened to the rest of Four's speech. I jumped when I heard a loud voice boom over us. Eric. "Rankings will also determine who gets cut."

Christina stepped forward. "Cut?"

Eric got up from where he was sitting and walked towards us. "After each stage, the lowest ranking will be cut."

Will spoke next. "To do what?"

Eric smirked at him. "Well, there's no going home to your families, so- you'd live Factionless."

Everyone froze. I listened around me.

"Why didn't anyone tell us that?!"

"It's a new rule."

"New rule?!"

"Somebody should have told us that!"

Eric scoffed. "Why? Would you have chosen differently? Out of fear? If that's the case, you might as well get out now. If you're really one of us, it won't matter to you if you fail. Alright? You chose us. Now, we get to choose you."

He looked right at me as he spoke. I tilted my head to the side and smiled sickly sweet- challenging him. He smirked at me. "Get going initiates."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After many small fights with Peter and his gang, we had finished half of training for the day. I can say that I wasn't struggling one bit. And I let that be known. I planned on taking first place. Jeanine said I had to get into leadership. So, I needed people to fear me. Except Peter, I would wipe his sorry ass gladly.

I was sparring with Peter, getting pretty physical. He tried to take a hit to my left side, but I saw it coming. I swiped his feet out from under him. He fell ass first to the ground. I laughed and held a hand out to help him up. He grabbed it and I pulled him up. "Not bad for a Nose. You're good. So- until we eliminate the weaker competition- truce?"

I smirked. "Fine by me."

We set up to go again when I heard Eric's voice from across the room. "First jumper! In the ring! Last jumper! Get ready to fight."

I smirked, ready to see a fight, before I realized that Tris was the first jumper. I glared at Eric. He knew Tris was the weakest. He knew Molly would demolish her.

I rolled my eyes."What a dick."

Molly and Tris stared at each other before Molly looked to Eric. "How long do we fight for?"

"Till one of you can't continue." Eric spat.

Four stepped forward, "Or until one of you concedes."