Ch.15

My friends and I sat around in a circle on two beds. We were exchanging our fear landscapes, before the topic of Tris's came up.

"Come on, no one even came close to your time." Al said.

I cleared my throat and flipped my hair, "Um, excuse me? I believe I finished just seven minutes after her time."

They all laughed at my stupidity. In reality, I was just trying to get them to forget Tris's time. Al laughed and talked to Tris, "Well anyways, you were amazing."

Peter walked up, "What's amazing is that she's going to knock you right out of Dauntless."

I was over what had happened between us. I wasn't scared anymore. Eric helped with that. So instead of cowering away, I glared at him.

Al shook his head, "She's not going to knock me out of Dauntless."

Peter scoffed, "Look. She's gone from being the worst to one of the best. She's already taken Alexa's spot at the top. Somebody has to take her place at the bottom. So, who's it gonna be? You."

I stood up and placed myself between Tris and Peter, "Fuck off Peter. Go find someone who actually takes all the shit that comes from your mouth."

He held his hands up in defence, "I just want to know how she does it! What's your trick?"

Tris pulled me to sit back down beside her. She spoke confidently, "I don't have a trick."

"Nobody gets through it that fast. So why don't you tell us how you do it? No? Well, at least tell your friends." He walked away.

Al leaned over to Tris, "What's he talking about? Is there some way to make it easier?"

I shoved him away, "Give it a rest. Peter's just trying to get a stick up your ass. She's just better at facing her fears. She is a Dauntless who came from Abnegation afterall. Imagine how much bravery that takes."

Everyone except Al nodded their head, accepting my answer. I looked at him from the corner of my eye. I think I'm going to have to watch him. He seems desperate enough to do something crazy. No matter how friendly he seems now. The moment he pried Tris for information to cheat, I knew he wasn't safe. Not for Tris at least.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max alerted me that Tris was planning on running to Erudite today to see her brother. He wanted me to follow her. He suspected her to be Divergent. I was glad he asked me to take care of it. I would tell him he had nothing to worry about later.

I ran down the hallway, trying to figure out which way she went, calling out her name. I ran all the way to the exit. I hesitated for a moment, but eventually decided to go outside. I squinted as my eyes adjusted to the sunlight. When I could see again, I saw her standing by the tracks, waiting for a train.

I ran, "Tris! Tris! Hey!"

She turned around, startled. She relaxed once she saw that it was just me. "Alexa, what are you doing out here?"

I held my hand up, "Nuh-uh no way. I came out here to ask you that question not the reverse."

She turned back to the tracks, a train was getting close. "I'm going to Erudite."

I frowned, "What? Why? You realize that is like the most dangerous place you could possibly be right now?"

She shook her head, "Just go back. I have personal stuff to take care of."

As she said that, the train came passing by, and she ran. She climbed up, and pulled herself in. I rolled my eyes and ran up to the train as well. I ended up a few cars down from Tris, so I went through the doors that connected them all together.