Ch.6

I had just pulled my damp hair into a high ponytail, when I spotted Christina and Will inside the tattoo parlor. I walked in, and greeted them. "Hey guys, whatcha doin?"

They both looked me over, but Christina was the first to speak. "What the hell happened to you?"

I laughed. "Well, I was in the wrong area of Dauntless, fell in a puddle, and got in trouble with a leader. It's all good though."

Will snorted. "Puddle? Alexa, you are soaked. I can see your bra through your shirt!"

Christina elbowed him in the side. I shrugged and walked away, looking around the shop. I looked for about twenty minutes before Tris showed up behind me, spooking me. "Holy shit Tris, careful or next time I might accidentally break your nose!"

She laughed and her shirt fell a little from her chest, revealing three birds along her collarbone. "Woah, sick! Who did that? I want them to do mine!"

Tris opened her mouth to speak, but she was interrupted. "It was probably Tori. She's the best one here."

I looked behind Tris, to see Eric, who was holding a black hoodie in his left hand. He threw it towards me. "Here, thought you might need this."

I looked at the hoodie before smiling to myself and throwing it on. I walked over to Eric, who had already turned to the endless wall of tattoo plates. I stood next to him, looking for one. "What are you planning on getting?"

He looked down at me. "I wasn't planning on getting one today. Just looking at what's new."

I turned to him. "Really? You're telling me you went up four floors looking for me, not knowing where I could have gone- just to give me a sweatshirt?"

He looked back at the art. "I thought maybe a bright pink bra underneath a thin and soaking t-shirt would be a little distracting to the men of Dauntless. Anyways, I wasn't looking too hard. I just followed the little puddles of water."

I turned to face the wall, but I didn't look at anything, I was trying to keep my face from turning red. When I looked down I saw something at the bottom of the wall. I immediately recognized it and bent down to grab it. "No way! I have to get this!"

Eric looked over my shoulder, looking at what I had grabbed. "Alice in Wonderland?"

I stared at him, shocked. "Yea. It's my favorite book. Ever since I was a kid... I'm surprised you know it. I didn't think Dauntless read."

Eric leaned in closer. "Well, maybe I wasn't always Dauntless."

The words he said made me think. Then it hit me. The reason he seemed so familiar. He was Erudite. I remember him now. It was a huge deal when he transferred because his mom was so well known. My head snapped up and I looked at him, but our faces were a little too close. He was the first to back away. "I think you should get it on your neck, behind your ear. That's always a good place for personal tats. Get Tori to do it. She's the best."

And with that, he walked out of the shop, leaving me utterly confused.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please Vote!