0x1

(Y/N) woke up in another cold sweat. Her dream kick starting her mind at a hundred miles a minute.  Reaching for her phone on her bedside table she checked the time; 3:14 AM.

This had been happening every night for almost 2 years now. Almost always the same. 

The setting of her dream would change from time to time. She could be in a forest or a city, somewhere begging for adventure. But the wolf stayed the same. 

A large black wolf with eye's you could get lost in. The wolf stood on all four, reaching up to (Y/N)'s ribs, just below her boobs. When the wolf would stand on its hind legs it would tower over her, making her feel insignificant. 

It would never attack but you could feel the waves of power and dominance the wolf held. Its eyes flashing a mix of greens, reds and light browns. Over the years she had decided the eyes depended on it's mood. 

Reaching over into her bedside table, (Y/N) pulled out a worn out notebook and a pen; scribbling down another diary entry and small drawing. 

"I saw it again. Him... Her? 

It was different this time. We were in the middle of the woods and it was cold. There was snow falling all around me. 

I've never seen the snow but it looked beautiful. The trees, the moon, the river slowly freezing over as I stood at the bank. 

I decided to walk through the trees though. Something drawing me into the woods. The trees looked like they went on for ages, standing tall and strong. Like the trees you pass on a long drive that seem to never end.

Once I reached a clearing  I stopped at the edge. Something stopped me at the edge?

But right in the centre stood the wolf. My wolf? 

It was different though.

It stood proud, strong, radiated strength, nothing different from normal.

But its eyes. Its eyes shone a vibrant, hypnotising green. Different

It's like they were drawing me in. Different from the hazel green eyes the wolf usually held

The wolf spotted me and bowed its head in recognition before making its way over to me. I threaded my fingers through its long fur, hugging the large animal close. It made me feel safe. It made me feel warm. 

It felt so real..."

Ending the passage there (Y/N) jotted down a quick drawing of the clearing before slamming the notebook shut and throwing it back in the draw. 

Checking the time again (Y/N)'s phone read 3:57 AM. There was no point in going back to sleep when she was to be up in an hour or so. So grabbing her phone and getting dressed in some tights and a singlet, she decided on going for a run in the cool morning air.

After locking the door to her apartment, she made her way out of the building onto the street setting off on a slow jog. 

Brisbane was alive and well, even at the early time. 

People walked the streets, making their way home after a long night out while others were driving to work.  

As she continued, picking her pace up to a run, (Y/N) made her way outside the city district and into the dimly lit street her mother lived on. 

Stopping outside the house (Y/N) saw the kitchen light on, telling her that her mum was up. She made her way up the steps and unlocked the door with her set of keys.