1x1

The drive back to the house had been silent, all the girls abandoning the after party to go straight home.

(Y/N) didn't understand what she'd done wrong. Was it because she talked to Camila?

Lauren still hadn't talked to her since the dressing room and nobody else was making a move to fill the uncomfortable silence. 

Turning around to face the driver and road, (Y/N) gently tapped the drivers shoulder. "Do you have an aux cord?" She asked, receiving a shake of the head. "Can we please have some radio then?" She asked again, receiving another shake of the head. 

'Did they have some sort of deal to send her into an anxiety attack by the end of this car ride?' (Y/N) asked herself as she settled back into her seat, the silence feeling heavier than before.

Dinah, Ally and Normani looked between themselves, obviously uncomfortable as Lauren rested her head on the window, her eyes closed. Of course they all knew she was awake but she didn't feel like addressing the human in the car, (Y/N).

"Can someone tell me what I've done wrong?" (Y/N) whimpered out, gaining all the girls attention, Lauren keeping her eyes closed.

No one replied to the Australian, waiting on Alphas orders.

(Y/N) was now on the verge of tears. Everything was going so well, she had Lauren, Bacon, considered herself apart of their little pack, she made a new friend at this big party. But apparently she wasn't allowed to make that new friend...

"I won't talk to her again if that's what this is about... I promise... I just wanted to make a new friend, I didn't mean to upset you." (Y/N) whispered causing Lauren to finally open her eyes to see her mate, tears flowing freely from her (Y/E/C) eyes.

"Out of the thousands of people why her?" Lauren spat, causing the girl the flinch away at the harsh tone.

"Lauren." Dinah warned, holding Ally's hand, her arm wrapped securely around Normani's shoulder.

"I'm sorry... I'm not good at making friends or going to parties so when Camila bumped into me in the bathrooms and we got to talking I was happy. I thought you'd be happy that I was putting myself out there and trying to being this other person.

To be like you... You're all so good at talking to people and you don't care about the big crowds but everything just got so overwhelming.

In that bathroom talking to Camila with no one around, I felt happy, less anxious and stressed than I had been out there, surrounded by hundred of people I didn't know." (Y/N) said, now crying harder than before.

"But Camila? Out of the hundreds of people you talked to her! You could've join in and talked to some of my friends but you stood there and said nothing. Then the moment you leave me you talk to Camila?!" Lauren yelled. Glaring at the smaller Australian as her eyes flickered to their royal red.

"Lauren!" Dinah yelled this time. "Calm down, you're scaring her..." Dinah said, softer this time as Laurens eyes shifted to there natural colour and she saw her mate, cowering in the corner bawling her eyes out.

She knew she'd lost it. She couldn't afford to loose it around her but she had. "Fuck", she mumbled under her breath, Ally, Dinah and Normani looking concerned for their Alpha.

"We're here girls." The driver said, causing Lauren to shoot out of the car, running straight towards the woods behind the house, shifting before she reached the border.

"Come on Aus." Dinah said addressing (Y/N) as she lifting her out of the car, the girl now sobbing into the Delta's chest.

"Smalls, a hand please?" Dinah asked as she approached the door of the house. 

"On it." Ally said, walking ahead to unlock it. 

"Come on Aus, lets get you to bed..." Dinah said as Normani walked beside her. 

Taking off the girls heels, Dinah and Normani tucked the Australian into bed, her crying less erratic now. 

"I'm sorry", (Y/N) whimpered out. "I am so s-sorry." She said again.

"Nah Aus, you have nothing to apologize for, you didn't know. It's just a sensitive subject for Lauren." Dinah told the fragile girl.

"Why?" She croaked out, her voice hoarse from crying.

"Well..." Dinah started.

~Flashback~

"Camila you're going rogue!" Lauren shouted at the smaller girl standing opposite her.

"No I'm not Lauren, I just said I wanted to make my own music! Why is that so hard to understand?!" Camila shouted back at her Alpha.

"You're leaving this pack and going rogue! That's what I understand!" Lauren yelled back at her Beta.

"I just want to make my own music Lauren. You guys shut down my ideas and in the studio they won't look at my songs!" The Beta screamed.

Well if it's so important for you, by all means, do it! See where it gets you because right now, it's getting you out of this pack!" Lauren screamed, not thinking before saying.

"You're kicking me out of the pack?" Camila asked as she started to snivel.

"Yes. You can come back when you want to be apart of this pack. We won't be your second choice Camila, you're supposed to be my Beta." Lauren told her, holding back her own tears.

Without another word Camila left the house, leaving her pack standing there in a daze as Lauren walked off to her room before breaking down herself.

~End flashback~

"It's just a touchy subject. She hasn't come back or talked to Lauren yet..." Dinah told her.

"But she was looking for her tonight?" (Y/N) told the two girls, Normani and Dinah perking up at this new found information.

"She was?" Normani asked causing (Y/N) to nod her head.

"She thought I was Lauren, she said I smelt like her when we first met." (Y/N) informed them with a slight blush. "What do you think she was going to tell Lauren?" (Y/N) asked curiously as the girls seemed to be having a conversation with no words.

"We're not sure." Normani said, finally addressing the human after a few moments.

"Go to sleep little one, we're sure Lauren will be back soon and she can talk to you then." Dinah told her, tugging Normani up with her as they made there way out of the room.

(Y/N) felt alone in the now dark room. Cold as well without Lauren to keep her warm.

She attempted to sleep though, knowing Lauren wouldn't be back soon like the girls had assured her. She didn't know how she knew but she felt a pain in her chest, she knew she'd upset her mate and she didn't know how to fix it.

Falling into a restless sleep (Y/N) drifted in and out of her dreams, the wolf always waiting for her. 

It must've been at least a few hours later until (Y/N) felt a dip in the bed next to her, strong arms pulling her into a warm embrace. She didn't need to open her eyes to know who it was, the sparks running through her body enough to tell her it was Lauren.

"I'm sorry Lo, I am so sorry." The girl cried, clinging to Lauren like her life depended on it. "I didn't know, I'm sorry!" She said again, sobbing into her mates chest.

"I know you are, I'm sorry to..." Lauren said, running her fingers through the distressed girls hair as her nails gently grazed the crying girls scalp, immediately relaxing the Australian. 

Playing with her hair was (Y/N) weakness and Lauren knew it. The night prior the girl was out in minutes as Lauren had played with her hair as she was doing now.

Sure enough the girl was sleeping again in a matter of minutes, her face pressed into Laurens chest with fresh tears stained her cheeks.

Lauren soon followed, playing with her mates hair for as long as possible until she became a victim of sleep as well.