1x8

Over the next 12 hours (Y/N) was put on a new IV bag regularly and had food every few hours. She was looking stronger and more likely to survive the bite now.

"How do you feel pup?" Lauren asked (Y/N).

"Better. I can talk without wanting to kill myself now so that's good!" (Y/N) said smiling. 

"Yeah it is, I'm glad you're getting better Pup!" Lauren said from her seat next to the bed as she ran her fingers through the Australians hair. 

"Mhm," (Y/N) hummed, loving Lauren playing with her hair (it was her weakness but she wouldn't tell Lauren that). 

While the pain was numbed from the medicine, she was still holding a temperature of 109.4ºF which is about the same it was before. They were glad it wasn't going up further but it was still extremely high and they need to work on it coming down.

"Alright!" Ally yelled, walking in with a bowl of water and a cloth. "Let's cool you down and get rid of that sweat because (Y/N), you stink." Ally told the girl, wrinkling her name to support her statement.

"I do not stink!" (Y/N) yelled in defence. "Right Lauren?" She asked, turning to her mate causing Lauren to freeze. "Right Lauren?" (Y/N) asked again, raising an eyebrow this time as Lauren swallowed thickly.

"Right..." Lauren whispered, looking down to avoid eye contact. 

(Y/N) huffed in defeat as Ally smiled in victory. 

"Well, now that that's sorted, let's get started shall we?" Ally asked.

"No, I'll do it." Lauren told Ally, not wanting her to touch her mate. 

"Alright, no biggie. Jobs all yours Laur." Ally said, placing the bowl and cloth down before exiting the room.

Lauren picked up the cloth and dunked it in the cold water before taking off (Y/N)'s numerous blankets and starting with her legs. 

(Y/N) whined at the cold cloth, trying to move her legs away, only to have Lauren drag her back. "No Lo! It's cold!" She whined.

"That's the point Pup. We're trying to bring your body temperature down, not up." Lauren told her calmly, continuing to drag (Y/N)s legs back everytime she moved them away. 

(Y/N) whined and pouted but let lauren wipe her down with the cloth.

After a while Lauren reached her face and gently wiped over her mates features, admiring her beauty. 

"You really are beautiful, you know that?" Lauren asked.

"Yeah sure." (Y/N) snorted. "Me and my feeding tube are glamourous!" She exclaimed, laughing about herself.

"I'm serious Pup," Lauren told her. 

"Why do you keep calling me Pup?" (Y/N) asked, curiously.

"Because that's what you are. Just think of it as the 'wolf equivalent of Baby or Babe." Lauren told her mate.

"Oh... Okay." (Y/N) said.

"Mhm, get use to it Pup," Lauren said smirking as she leaned down, nuzzling the side of (Y/N) neck with her nose as she inhaled her mates scent. 

"You smell so good." Lauren mumbled, pressing a kiss to (Y/N)'s mark spot, causing (Y/N) shiver at the contact.

"Yeah?" (Y/N) asked, not really focused or sure what Lauren wanted her to say.

"Mhm," Lauren hummed, licking the girls neck as she moved to straddle her mate.

(Y/N) moved her head slightly, allowing Lauren more room as Lauren began leaving kissing on the girls neck, sucking at the girls pulse point AKA her mark spot. 

"L-lauren," (Y/N) huffed out, encouraging the other girl to continue.

"Lauren." She heard again. Wait, that wasn't her mate. 

Lauren let a low growl ripple through her chest at the interruption as she turned to see who it was. Her eyes a royal red as she was met with an unamused Demi who flashed her royal red eyes right back.

"Not yet." Demi told the other Alpha. 

"Stay out of it Demi!" Lauren barked as (Y/N) watched the interaction. 

"Just give her a few more hours Lauren. She'll have a better chance then, okay? I'm just telling you to give her a few hours, not that you can never mark her." Demi told her calmly, attempting to defuse the situation.

Lauren huffed and turned back to (Y/N), burying her face into her mates neck as her scent calmed her. 

"It's okay Lo, just wait it out a little longer. I'd prefer to have a better chance of survival if you don't mind." (Y/N) joked as she massaged Laurens scalp, playing with her mates hair.

Lauren grumbled but agreed anyway. "Wow, great to know you care about my health and safety, Babe."(Y/N) said, laughing at Laurens childish behaviour.

"Hush, you know I love you." Lauren grumbled, defending herself.

(Y/N) froze beneath her mate. "You do?" She asked Lauren.

"Of course I do. You're my soulmate, my love, my bestfriend and my partner in crime. You. Are. My. Mate." Lauren told her, giving her quick kisses between each word.

"I love you to Lo. Maybe it's because of this mate bond or maybe you just managed to steal my heart with all the bacon you've given me. But I do, I love you so much Lo..." (Y/N) squeaked out, just above a whisper.

"Good. I wouldn't want it any other way." Lauren told her, placing a loving kiss on her mates forehead as she ran her thumb over the girls cheekbone.

"Neither would I," (Y/N) told Lauren as she brought her in for a long, slow, sweet kiss. Nothing about it was rushed, there was no hidden messages or sexual desire. It was simple, communicating what they both had confessed moments before, their love for one another.

After they broke apart the two girls shifted on the bed until Lauren was beneath (Y/N), as (Y/N) rested her head on Laurens chest, laying between her legs Lauren ran her hands through her mates hair, scratching gently at her scalp. She knew it was the other girls weakness, even if she wouldn't admit it.