1x5

Before (Y/N) had even opened her eyes she could feel two things.

1. The pain shooting through each limb in her body that immediately brought tears to her eyes and a pain to her chest.

2. The warmth beside her, telling her Lauren was next to her.

"Lauren?" (Y/N) croaked out, her throat hoarse from crying. Opening her eyes slightly as they adjusted to the light she saw Lauren laying next to her; sitting slightly up with her back on some pillows as she was draped across Laurens lower half, her head on Laurens stomach as her mates slender fingers soothingly ran through her hair.

"I'm right here baby," Lauren cooed as she used her free hand to wipe away (Y/N)s tears. 

"It hurts Lo," (Y/N) cried, her tears flowing more freely now as she was more awake, more aware.

"I know baby, I know. I'll make it stop I promise. Do you want me to make it stop?" Lauren asked, concerned as her mate whimpered into her stomach, bawling her eyes out. 

(Y/N) nodded frantically, "just make it stop Lo, it hurts!" She yelled between sobs as Lauren tried to comfort her.

"I know baby, I know. I'm so sorry..." Lauren whispered, one hand in her mates hair as the other rubbed her back, trying to get her to calm down.

"Make it stop, make it stop." (Y/N) sobbed out before falling back asleep due to exhaustion, her body using all its energy to stay functioning.

Lauren stayed by her mates sleeping figure, her temperature was still rising and it was worrying everyone. Could she really do this? She promised to make it stop but (Y/N) wasn't aware enough or in any state to actually talk to Lauren about how she would do that. 

She can't choose for her...

A knock at the door brought Lauren out of her thoughts as Ally stuck her head in. 

"I just need to check up on her..." Ally said cautiously.

Lauren only nodded, sitting up further on the bed as Ally walked over. "Is she getting any better?" Ally asked, causing Lauren to let out a sigh and shake her head.

"She's in so much pain Ally. I don't know what to do... I can't choose for her, I just can't. We didn't get a choice but she should..." Lauren said, making Ally agree. 

"She should but if she can't you need to choose for her Lauren. She's getting worse. Her body is starting to shut down on her, look. Her body isn't shivering anymore yet her lips are starting to turn a slight tint of blue. It's because her body is trying to reserve its energy, trying to keep her alive..." Ally told her Alpha sympathetically. 

Lauren only nodded. "What's her temperature?" Lauren asked Ally, attempting to change the topic.

Ally sighed, taking out the thermometer and sliding it into (Y/N)s mouth.

They both waited a few moments before they heard it beep.

"....109.2ºF." Ally said before a silence settled over them.

"Lauren you have to turn her." Ally blurted out, snapping Lauren out of her daze. 

"She's dying and the only chance she has is the bite! You can't just keep hoping the fever will go down and she'll get better because it wont! She's getting worse with each hour you waste, waiting for her to wake up so you can give her the choice-"

"I KNOW ALLYSON!" Lauren booms, making Ally jump backwards and (Y/N) is wake up. 

As (Y/N) opened her eyes and looked at Lauren, sleep still fogged her mind. Looking into her mates green eyes she was hit with a sense of clarity, the pain no longer numbing her mind as the pain shot through the rest her body bringing tears to her eyes. 

"It's okay, I'm right here baby, it's okay," Lauren reassured, wiping away the tears that fell from her mates eyes.

"How are you going to make it stop?" (Y/N) asked, her bottom lip quivering as she held back the sobs that were building up in her chest. 

"(Y/N/N) you're dying-" Lauren started and upon hearing those words, the sobs (Y/N) had tried to hold back filled the room. 

"Shhh, it's okay. I promise I won't let you die. Baby just listen to me please, I can't do this without you." Lauren told her mate, holding her closer than before as she placed kisses to the top of her head. 

"W-what do I-i need to d-do?" (Y/N) asked Lauren, looking up into the familiar green eyes.

"Just listen to me please. Then you can tell me yes or no, okay?" Lauren asked, receiving a slight nod of the head from her mate.

"Baby it's like I said, you're dying. The way Ally sees it is that the hospital can't help you, they can only prolong your death..." Lauren said, trailing off as Ally gave her a reassuring smile.

"And?" (Y/N) asked, hoping that wasn't all Lauren was going to say. 

"Well Ally thinks the only way to save you is to bite you... To turn you into a 'wolf. We aren't sure what's wrong with you but your body is shutting down and wont hold out for much longer. The longer we wait the weaker your body gets and the less likely it is to survive the venom..." Lauren told her mate as Ally stood at the door of the room. 

"We can't help you because we don't know what's wrong. This is the only option we could think of but there's no guarantee it will work..." Ally spoke up as Camila came in with a shopping bag full of blankets.

"What happens if it doesn't work?" (Y/N) asked, her sobs slowly decreasing as she clung to Laurens shirt.

The room was silent as Camila laid more blankets on top of (Y/N)s figure. 

Looking to Ally and Lauren neither made a move to answer, her eyes finally landed on Camila. "Camz what happens if it doesn't work?" (Y/N) asked the girl directly causing Camila to shift uncomfortably, avoiding the girls gaze.

"You die..." Lauren finally said, swallowing the lump in her throat. 

"...And if I don't want the bite?" (Y/N) asked scared, gasping slightly for air as she came down off her crying, still holding back the sobs that built up in her chest.

"You die..." Ally told her this time. 

(Y/N) only nodded back looking up at Lauren, tears rushing out of her eyes. 

"Do it."