Chapter Nineteen: Vampire Knight

You guys should check out these stories:

"Surfing the Waves"--http://www.wattpad.com/story/1555893-surfing-the-waves

"Shadows"--http://www.wattpad.com/story/841014-shadows-book-one-completed

"The Talented"--http://www.wattpad.com/story/863625-the-talented (this is my boyfriend's story!)

“It’s time, Lucas. We just can’t put this off any longer,” I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

For the past day and a half, it had been the elephant in the room. The obvious topic we simply avoided. Lucas looked up at me with mock-innocent eyes, as if playing dumb would make me step down, and slowly brought a Diet Coke to his lips. I glared. I glared with all of the force a tiny blonde could muster. I must have looked pretty scary because Lucas moved slowly to set down his drink on the table, as if I was a coiled snake ready to strike.

“Lucas,” I said in a motherly tone. He looked away, crossing and uncrossing his legs irritably.

“But Nata-leeeee,” he whined. I summoned the power of Sebastian, trying my best to demon-ninja glare. Those always worked. Or maybe a cold British twelve year old glare would work better….

Focus Nat!

“Whining won’t get you anywhere,” I said. It seemed my subject wasn’t cooperating, so it was time to activate plan B.

Brute force.

Unfortunatly, due to the fact I was about the size of a Munchkin and had a body structure that resembled that of a flamingo (think skinny legs but wide hips-- uh), Lucas was not even moved an inch from his spot at the kitchen counter. I might as well have been pushing the Statue of Liberty in ginger form.

And what did I learn? Anime lied to me. Those ninja-kick-spirals through the air don’t knock down the evil villain, no, they just made me hit the back of my head off the counter in a way that wasn’t as lame as slipping on an ice cube. Lucas suppressed laughter, asking me if I was okay and if I needed CPR.

But I was back, slicing a hand through the air with a “Wah!” that sounded pretty legit if you asked me and then--

Nothing. Well, not nothing nothing; Lucas spilled a bit of Coke on my shorts and smiled at my sad attempts at dexterity.

“I shall not be defeated!” I yelled.

This, my friends, is how I ended up pouting like a girl until Lucas agreed to watch anime with me.

But I was not defeated!

“You sure are hyper today,” Lucas said as I bounced on the couch, waiting for the commercials to end.

This morning over breakfast I was pleasantly surprised to find the school television had an anime station. It must have been Ms. Kennedy’s doing; I had my susupisions she was a closet anime freak. This amazing discovery was found over a bowl of sugared cereal, one of the banned foods at my home due to the Nazi- regime that was my mother. Three bowls and one TV guide later, I made it my life mission to expose Lucas to the world of anime, starting with an episode of Vampire Knight. Actually, I’d been planning on exposing him to anime starting on our date, but the idea had melted away with all of the stuff that occurred after.

I don’t like stuff.

Anyways, the show started up with it’s amazing opening sequence, and I had to hit Lucas as he commented on how hot the main character looked.

“Stop it! The only character you’re allowed to call hot is Zero,” I said. Lucas frowned.

“You mean the blonde vampire with the big boobs?” he asked hopefully.

“No,” I growled “The guy with white hair.” This earned me a disgusted face from Lucas, and he turned back to watch as I kept my eyes on him.

He just looked so different than before. I’ve heard it said that people start to look different the more you get to know them, so a pretty girl could turn ugly with a bad attitude just as easily as a ugly girl could turn prettier. I wouldn’t know first hand, though, because I’d never really made it a top priority to get to know anyone. But being stuck with Lucas for two days put me in the position where I had to get to know him, and to my shock, he was starting to look nicer. His hair was full and, for lack of better term, fluffy. I wanted to touch it, but that would have been weird. Straight, white teeth that were Crest-toothpaste commericial worthy bit at his chapped lip every so often, like a natural reflex I never noticed before about him. But the best part was his eyes. They changed depending on the light, a light sky blue where it was bright, but navy as the sun went down. When I looked at his eyes, it was like looking into a microscope in Biology class. I would sit there with my notepad in my lap, trying for the life of me to identify the structures hidden in the plant cell, but eventually I would have to cave and refer to my textbook. That’s how it was with his eyes. I could tell there was something else there, and I wanted to know what, but there wasn’t a book I could refer to.

“Dude!” Lucas yelled “He just stuck his arm through that vampire guy’s head!”

I turned my gaze back to the screen, smiling to myself at Lucas’s reaction. Indeed, Kaname now walked across to little Yuki, blood dripping down his arms, and Lucas was right--it was epic. Turning back I found Lucas leaning foreward, enraptured with the television, and I let a little laugh escape at the sight of his facial expression. He looked at me, smirked, and went back to watching the show.

Once the episode was finished, it was like my sugar-high had transferred to Lucas, who was now chattering excitedly as we walked down the hallway. It was my idea, to go for a walk, not because the school was scenic, but because I needed to stretch my legs.

“And that was totally cool how brown-haired whatsherface--”

“Yuki?”

“Uh, yeah her, how she like totally jumped off the building and stopped those jerko vampires from sucking that chick’s blood.”

“I know, right?”

“I can see why you like this stuff. It’s like all the violence of a video game with some girlie romance shit,” said Lucas. But there was a tone in his voice, one that I of all people could pick out from a crowd if need be. We strolled past the trophy case and I could see the frown forming on my face in it’s reflection already.

“What?” asked Lucas, seeing my expression too.

“I like that girlie romance shit,” I admitted with a shrug. Lucas’s eyes widened and he laughed. I sighed, pushing my bands up off my forehead and feeling a blush spread on my face.

I shouldn’t have said that.

“Really?” he asked “You seemed more like a killing zombies kind of girl to me.”

“Yeah, well you can kill zombies and fall in love, you know,” I said. Lucas snorted and rolled his eyes.

“Only you would say that,” he chuckled. My glare from earlier returned and I swear, my eye twitched. If there is one thing that is deadly to mess with, it is a protective anime fan girl.

“What’s that suppose mean?” I asked in a demanding tone. Lucas was still smiling though and then he did something I never would have expected.

He kissed me on the cheek.

It was a quick peck, but enough to stop my heart and cause my eyes to widen to the size of dinner plates. Lucas smiled sweetly and shrugged.

“You’re cute Nat, just accept it.”

A/N-- This weekend was toture. I wanted to write so bad, but I was in a cabin with NO INTERNET. 8( I still don't know how I survived. But when I came home, I was excited to find I was in the top ten! I mean, oh my dear sweet cheesenips, thank you guys! I've never had this many people read my silly little stories.

As a sidenote, I finally went all high tech (you young whippersnappers!) and got a photobucket. The last chappie has a pic of Nat in anime form, and if I do it right, this chapter should have a picture of Lucas in anime form (but his eyes on the wrong color, waaaah!).

Thanks for all the support guys. It means a lot.

<3 <3