4: Tests

You ask what the test will be this time.

"What kind of hell are you putting me through this time?" you called out to the room, looking around. There wasn't any cameras. There wasn't any indication of anyone watching you. Who were these people who were after you? Who were these people who watched you suffer during these tests?

"Don't say that, Ms. L/N," the lady's voice said to you. You could hear what little sympathy she had for you. It was pathetic. It was a pathetic little move that you hated with all your heart. "Today is just a little simulation."

A little simulation. Like the time where you felt like you were drowning? Like the time where millions of bugs crawled across you, burying into you? Like the time where you had to kill your family? Yeah right. A little simulation to them is like a breaking point for you; you never were going to escape their clutches until daylight.

"Fine. Give me the damn simulation," you growled, looking around the room. What would it be this time? A wave of blood? A million knives stabbing into you? A puzzle to escape a box? Idiocy. That's what all of these things were. They were weak. They were trying to make you weak. You weren't going to break. You were never going to break.

The room suddenly materialized into the main plaza of the city. All was quiet. No one stirred. Not even a sound of something moving through the city was heard. No buses, no beat up cars; just silence. This was suspicious. This screamed red alert if you didn't know any better.

You suddenly heard a low growl from behind you. You slowly turned your head, your eyes meeting with whatever it was. Slowly stalking towards you was a large dog, its white coat matted with dirt and grime. It would have been a beautiful dog, but its eyes screamed murder. It wanted to rip your throat out with its sharp teeth that bared through. There was no longer a definition of death; this was death.

You didn't look the dog in the eyes. You kept your gaze down. When you lived on the outskirts of the town, dogs ran around the place. Some were very protective of their property. You knew better than to make eye contact after one bit you on your thigh one day. You needed to keep completely calm to get through this.

Reminding yourself, this was just a simulation. Yes, everything here could hurt you, but it wasn't real. This was not going to hurt you. You had to just keep calm and follow your knowledge. This would be over once you either failed or succeeded. It was a step by step process that you needed to file through to keep yourself alive.

Another growl formed from around you. You looked up carefully. This time, it was the same dog, but it had been cloned. This was the second dog. Two dogs meant that there was going to be more coming. You could feel yourself begging to give into the pressure of the dogs surrounding you. You couldn't let that happen, though. You needed to keep yourself cool to accomplish this task.

You didn't know what to do. There was no weapons, no way of escape. Running would only mean for them to chase after you. Staying in place meant that they would pursue you. It was a fight or flight. Flight looked like the only way out at this point. You had no match between to large dogs that wanted to rip your throat out.

You suddenly got an idea. You looked up carefully, your eyes trailing over to the statue of the king. Looking at it closely, you could see foot holes you could us for climbing it. That could be a way out of this situation. You could feel a sudden spark of hope come through you. You were going to climb that statue to think of a way out.

You looked at the two dogs. They were both still pursuing you slowly. You bit your lip, sucking in a breath. By the third count of your breath, you took off in a sprint towards the statue. You heard the dogs start to go nuts, their fast run following behind you.

You jumped onto the statue, kicking your feet up to find a high foot hole. The dogs came to the foot of the statue, trying to nip at your heels. You grunted as you hoisted yourself up, your fingers seeming to strangle the statue. You could already feeling your limbs burning.

You made it up to the statue's arm, you straddling yourself on it. You could feel your heart racing in your chest as you leaned over, trying to catch a breath. The dogs beneath you were barking like crazy, their eyes wild. Froth formed at their mouths. You could feel a victorious grin spread across your face. You won the battle for now.

"Screw whoever you are who puts me through this!" you screamed at the plaza, looking up at the sky. It was covered in dark clouds. Your grin was growing larger by the minute. "Screw all of you!"

"Y/N?"

You head snapped at the sound of who was there in the plaza with you. You blinked, shocked to see who it was. It was Namjoon, his cut on his cheek flowing out with blood. He looked a bit shocked to see you had climbed the statue. He didn't wear the Underground clothing; instead, he wore what the people on the outskirts of the city wore: a T-shirt with some shorts and worn down sneakers. He looked normal.

"Run!" you yelled at him, looking down at the dogs. They had gone quiet. They were standing at the foot of the statue, looking at Namjoon with hungry expressions. They were going to attack him. They were going to maul him right in front of your eyes. You couldn't let that happen.

Your warning never worked. One charged at Namjoon. You heard yourself scream, jumping down from the statue. Your heart seemed to stop in your chest. As soon as you hit the ground, the one dog that was by the statue's feet jumped onto you, it's maw clutching onto you.

That's when you jolted awake.

~~~~~

You sat up in your bed, gasping for a breath. Your arm stung from where the dog had grabbed onto you. Your heart raced in your chest, your lungs trying to grasp a bit of oxygen. Adrenaline pulsed through your veins. Your body shook with tremors. It was a dream. It was just a dream. None of it was real.

Your breathing seemed to be calming down, your pulse rate dropping. Your fists clutched the sheets below you. Your body still shook, though. You could feel yourself slowly becoming okay again, but that dream was too intense. They always were, but you weren't expecting Namjoon to be there. You weren't expecting someone you just met to be mauled by a huge dog. What did all of that mean?

You needed to do something. You were wide awake now, and there was no way you were going back to sleep. You sucked in a shaky breath, determining what to do.

You decide to . . .
A) Pace the room.
B) Get your toiletries ready to go take a shower when they allowed you to.
C) Go see if the door to your room was unlocked.

Start: 26.02.2018
End: 05.03.2018

Choose wisely . . . ~