4: Unlocked Doors

You decide to go see if the door to your room is unlock.

You seemed to swallow down your fear, still recovering from your nightmare. You needed something to do. You needed something to keep you occupied. The only thing that you could think of popped into your head: you would have to face going out into the hall.

You peeked your eyes around your room, focusing in on the camera in the corner of it. Sometimes the red light on it flashed, telling you in was recording. It was very random, though. You looked at it closely through the very dim room. There was no red light blinking. You could feel a sigh of relief escape you. They were focused on another person for the night.

You slipped out from your bed, your bare feet hitting the concrete floor. It felt freezing against your skin. You hurriedly rushed over to your boots, slipping them without any socks. You felt like you didn't need them even if you did manage to escape into the halls. Going against the dress code was a minor punishment. If they did catch you, there would be much more of a larger consequence.

After slipping on your boots, you made your way over to your door silently. They could probably still hear through your camera. You had to be safe. You got to your door, your hand landing on the handle it had. The metal felt cool against your skin. You sucked in a breath. It was now or never.

Your eyes widened at what happened next. The door came unlatched, opening up. That had never happened before. Well, none that you knew of. You never really checked to see if the door was always locked. This might have matched up to the recording on the camera. You shook off the thought. Now was not the time to be theorizing. You just wanted to go out and clear your head.

You walked out into the hall, closing your door behind you silently. You looked around carefully, taking in your surroundings. The florescent lights above buzzed, seeming to burn your eyes from the darkness you were just in. You squinted, listening in to see if you heard anyone in the halls. No footsteps, no one going insane. You were safe.

You huffed a sigh of relief, leaning against your door for a moment. You closed your eyes. You could smell the air sterile as ever. It was cold down there in the Underground. You wondered what it was like to feel sunlight on your skin. Just imagining, you smiled to yourself. That would feel amazing. You would finally get away from this hell.

You suddenly heard someone cry out from another hall. Your eyes snapped open, looking in the direction it had came from. You heard no one rushing down the halls to come get you. You just heard another yell, it coming out in a breath as if someone was being punched. You could feel yourself growing curious.

Of course you weren't going to help the person who was being attacked, but you wanted to see who it was. You could feel yourself starting to creep down the hall ever so slowly, your footsteps as quiet as ever. Your heart was slow in your chest, seeming to want to stop to hear everything that was going on. As you grew closer, you could hear something impacting an object.

You had totally forgotten about your nightmare. You had even forgotten your little escape from your room. You were focused in on the cries coming from the other hall. Had someone gotten out like you? Were they caught? The Camera Guards must have caught them. No one could get past the Camera Guards. They were everywhere.

You came to the corner where the hall you had heard the screams come from. Your fingertips brushed against the wall, your head peeking around the corner to see who was there. The cold air caused goose bumps to run across your skin. Every cry the person made caused the hairs on your head to stand up. 

You peeked around the corner, trying to cram your neck to see who was there. Your eyes came around the corner, falling on the sight. Two Camera Guards were holding up a collapsed man, another Camera Guard standing in the front of them. The man had blood dribbling from his mouth, his head lulling around. He looked like he could pass out at any moment. You didn't recognize the guy.

"Please . . . stop . . . " the man said helplessly. He was obviously a young guy. He had dark doe eyes, black hair falling into his eyes. He was fit and pretty tall. He barely had an upper lip, but he was still a good looking guy.

"This is what you're getting for sneaking out," the Camera Guard hissed in front of him, his hands clenched by his sides. They were stained with the blood of the man they held. You could see the anger clearly rising through the Camera Guard.

"What . . . are you . . . hiding?" the man muttered out. He coughed a little, blood spewing from his mouth. It fell to the floor below him. His legs could barely keep him up. He looked weak in the Camera Guards' hands. You felt bad for him. You felt bad for someone for once in this place.

The Camera Guard's jaw tightened. Without a moment's hesitation, he went for a punch in the stomach. The man cried out, his screaming ripping through the air. You bit your lip, holding back a snap at them to stop. "What a dumb ass you are for even daring to say something like that," the Camera Guard growled at the man.

The man lulled his head for a second, but pulled it up to meet the Camera Guard's eyes. Was that a twinkle you saw in him? A small smirk fell on his blood-coated lips. He gurgled out a forced laugh. "You are hiding something. I just know it."

Another blow to the stomach. Another scream.

"Why can you just shut the hell up?" the Camera Guard screamed at him. You could see he was seething over the man's claims. You could see his was trembling with anger. This made you want to smile. This guy liked to torture the Camera Guards just as much as you did. You liked this guy. You wondered why you had never seen him before.

You saw the guy swallow down his blood. He licked his blood coated lips, but they were still stained with their red, irony liquid. That idiotic smile was still on his face. He was enjoying the Camera Guard writhing underneath his claims. He was having the time of his life. "Is it true you rape the girls? Is it true you cause others to break under their own sanity? It's obviously clear you would punish an innocent bystander."

"Innocent?" the Camera Guard seethed at him, growing dangerously close to his face. His eyes had a fire in them. "You were obviously sneaking out of your room! What makes you think that was unclear?"

"So, you do rape the girls and break people under their own sanity."

"Why the hell would you think that?" the Camera Guard screamed in his face.

Without a response, the guy coughed in the Camera Guard's face. Blood splattered across his face in droplets. Your jaw dropped. The guy did it on purpose.

You wanted to laugh, but before you could do anything, the Camera Guard yelled in frustration, punching the guy square in the jaw. That was enough you saw. You pulled your head away from around the corner, pressing your side against the wall.

You couldn't help but grin. This guy was great. He was telling off every single detail the Camera Guards did. He coughed blood in one of their faces. He was the all-star of the team. His duty to the Underground was a great one, even though he could easily get killed. Whatever. It was worth it to tell off the Camera Guards.

"Hello, dear. What are you doing out here so late?"

Your eyes widened.

You . . .
A) Turn around slowly to see who it is.
B)Take off in a sprint down the hall.
C) Punch whoever it is in the face.

Start: 05.03.2018
End: 12.03.2018

Choose wisely . . . ~