7: Quieting Down

You decided to be quiet.

~~~~~

Your neck ached, but you forced your hand to keep down at your side, trying not to touch the new ink on your neck, the small mark of the ankh cross a raven black color, almost like a brand against you like you did something wrong. You did something wrong in the Camera Guards' eyes. You didn't seem to find it wrong, though.

You sat on your bed, staring at the wall. Your eyes would flicker up to the small camera in the corner of the room. The little red light flashed slightly. They were watching you. They were always watching you. You were debating if you should flip them off. It seemed right at the moment.

You gave a small sigh, still imagining the small little symbol on your neck. It was pretty, but you knew you would be frowned upon for that here. The only few people here that had a tattoo was because they defied the Camera Guards' ruling. Rebellion was always frowned down upon. You gritted your teeth. The damn government was your pain in the ass.

You knew the government put you down in this hell. They were trying to turn you crazy, trying to bring you to your breaking point. There was no such thing as humanity down here. Only the bang of the doors, the Camera Guards yelling, the smell of sanitary air filling your lungs. The government put you somewhere you couldn't do something. They made you feel like this. Your nails dug into your thigh angrily.

The government probably did something to your family. After the test you took, you were brought down, and for what? To let you watch those cameras everyday? To keep you watching the city? With the propaganda and tearing apart families, bringing people down to the Underground to go crazy, and the endless days of doing nothing, you were piecing together dictatorship.

You peeked up at the camera. The little red light was still flashing. Your jaw clenched. You were starting to think about Namjoon. He had probably left you. He probably didn't want to stick around for you. He seemed articulate. He was calculative. He didn't want to waste his time on you. It seemed ignorant to stay back for someone you barely knew.

At least you had someone like Jungkook. You had no clue what shift he worked, but you had seen him when you had gone to bed. He worked your shift. He probably worked in a different Camera Room. He seemed like a good friend. You weren't supposed to have friends, but you didn't feel lonely for once. It felt good to talk to someone. It felt good for him to save you. He was a true hero in your eyes.

Your foot tapped against the concrete floor, your boot making a muffled sound. Your fingers dug into your thighs. You were bored. They kept you out of this shift. They wanted to monitor you. You felt stuck. You had nothing to do. They never gave books, games, anything. The Underground was boring as hell.

~~~~~

You suddenly heard a slam. This seemed to wake you right up.

You jolted up from your bed, your blanket falling into your lap. Your eyes had snapped open, your heart stopping. You had stopped breathing. You had been scared from your dream, but you thought the Camera Guards were there to take you.

To your surprise, through the pitch black room, you could see a male figure standing at the door, leaning against the metal. You could see he was out of breath, having platinum blond hair, an uniform for clothing. He was shorter than Jungkook or Namjoon, but still relatively tall. His dark brown eyes looked down at you, seeming a bit wild.

Your next reaction was to look at the camera in the corner of the room. There was no flashing light. It wasn't monitoring you. For once, you felt like you needed that camera on. You didn't feel safe in that room with the man.

You heard yelling from outside the room, probably from the Camera Guards. The man placed his finger on his lips telling you to be silent. You stared at him with wide eyes, unsure of what to do. You could feel yourself slightly shaking, still startled from him coming into your room.

The voices outside the room tapered off, leaving you and the man to be in the darkness, staring at each other in silence. Your heart thrummed in your throat. You were having a panic attack.

The man brought his finger away from his mouth, relaxing against the metal door. "I'm sorry--"

You interrupt him with saying . . .
A) "Who are you?"
B) "Get out."
C) Yell out to the Camera Guards in panic.

Start: 26.02.2018
End: 02.04.2018

Choose wisely . . . ~

Also, guys, sorry this is a short chapter. I'll try and make the next one longer. In my apology, here's a edit that I made for all of you to enjoy. <3

 <3