Chapter 6: back home

Finn's pov•

After the party me and marceline walk back to her house in the moonlight it's so peaceful, and quiet. She is so beautiful and Funny and smart I feel more nervous now than I ever did before a battle. I want to tell her how I feel but I'm to nervous. so we just walk in silence. The only thing making a sound is the breeze rustling the tall grass. When we get back to her place I go upstairs and get my stuff and then I come back downstairs.

"goodbye Marcy I'll see you later." I say as I give her a goodbye hug.

"Goodbye Finn." She says as I walk out the door.

I walk the path to my old treehouse I have walked so many times before. When I get there I unlock my door and walk in, it's dark so I light a few candles and place them around the room.
Jake and bmo moved out soon after I left ooo so the place is covered in a thick layer of dust. As I walk around the treehouse my mind is crowded with so many fond memories; they almost feel like a lifetime ago.

I climb the ladder to my bedroom and brush my teeth. I put away my clothes in my dresser and pull out my blankets from the drawer I left them in all those years ago. I just lay in bed in the ghost like silence thinking about Marcy until I drift off to sleep.

I wake up to the sound of blue birds at my window. I sit in bed staring at the ceiling until I know what I want to do. I jump out of bed and call Marceline.

[she answers.]

"hey Marcy what's up?"

"Nothing just eating breakfast."

"Oh cool I wanted to ask you if you want to go on a picnic tonight?"

"Oh I'd love to Finn!"

"Okay I'll pick you up at 8:00."

"Okay see you then, goodbye Finn.