Chapter 16: the battle

•Marceline's Pov•

"Are you sure that this is going to work." I ask princess bubblegum as we look down at hundreds of pirates from a cliff in the cave.

"Well according to my tests on lab rats these Devices will temporarily stun anyone without these ear muffs; so in short while they are screaming with pain we can pick them off one by one but it will only last for 5 minutes so we have to work quickly."

"Okay so me, Marcy, Jake and lady will sneak down and wait until the device turns on, and then we strike.
princess bubblegum will stay up here and shoot from above with your sniper rifle. So are we all clear?" Finn asked. We all respond at the same time with an enthusiastic. "Yes!"

Finn came up with the whole plan himself and is now leading us. He has come a long way from when I first met him. He was just a kid then, playing video games all day and pranking me.
I just hope nothing happens to us today.

Princess bubblegum hands out the ear muffs and we all climb down and get into position, hiding behind rocks at the bottom of the cave.

"Finn if we don't make it today I just wanted to tell you that the time I have spent with you has been the best time of my life." I say as a tear escapes my eye. I look down; ashamed that I was crying. I was supposed to be the tough vampire girl but I was crying like a little girl.

Finn puts his hand on my chin and tilts my head up and kisses me.

"Marceline, you have made my life heaven on earth. Every moment I spend with you is perfect. I love you Marceline, and we are not going to die today okay?"

Just then we are interrupted by pb on the radio in our earmuffs.

"Pb to f and m are you set? Over.."

"F and m ready....over." I reply on the radio.

"Okay ground squad turning on in ten seconds.....over" pb tells everyone at once on the radio.

Those tense ten seconds were the longest moments of my life.

Once princess bubblegum turned on the device we all stormed the frozen pirates. I was armed with a sword and shield before I knew I had already killed twenty men; Finn was by my side killing as fast as he could. Lady rainicorn didn't use weapons she just used her horn to pierce their chests.

Jake grew ten times his regular size and picked up men by the dozen throwing them on their heads snapping their necks, and princess bubblegum still on the edge of the cliff above us, dropping body's like flys with her rifle.

"Pb to ground squad 30 seconds until the effects ware-off." Princess bubblegum told us through the radio in our earmuffs.

We had only killed half when the effects slowly faded and the pirates started fighting back!

Finn and I fought with our backs against each other with the pirates surrounding us. I slash through a mans chest and the blood flew everywhere.

"Hey Finn how you doing." I asked.

"I'm doing good." He responded.

Soon we had bodies laying all around us and the pirates thinned out fast after that, Until their was only one left hiding behind one of the tents. Finn walked over and picked him up by the throat.

"Where is your leader! the one who calls himself max!" He growled.

I had never seen him so furious.

"He....h-he's in the bunker under his tent...p-please just don't kill me!"
The man pleaded. Until he was cut off by Finn running a sword right through his chest as the blood poured out.

Finn flew to the tent the man had told him about. as we all watched. He ripped the tent from the ground and cast it aside. He then move a carpet that hid a door underneath. Inside he found a small room with the leader curled up in the corner.

"Pathetic I was hoping for a decent fight but this man is a coward hiding from me."

Finn then poured a jug of gasoline down into the small bunker and lit it. The flames shot out of the bunker like a jet engine with intense heat radiating all around the cave.
We all heard the screams coming out until they slowly faded

We had finally done it! We had beaten the pirates who had been terrorizing all of ooo! I ran up to Finn and hugged him and kissed his lips.

When we got back to the candy kingdom we all celebrated with a bottle of champagne.