Chapter 7: the picnic

Marceline's pov•

I wake up to the sound of my cellphone ringing.

[I answer.]

"hey Marcy what's up." Finn says.

"nothing just eating breakfast." I say lying, so he doesn't feel guilty for waking me up.

"Oh cool I just wanted to ask you if you want to go on a picnic tonight?"

"Oh I'd love to Finn!"

"Okay I'll pick you up at 8:00."

"Okay see you then, goodbye."

I'm so excited to spend more time with  Finn. Now the hard part...waiting!

Later that day I take a shower and change my clothes I put on a black lace choker, combat boots, turquoise shorts, and a black band tee. I'm brushing my hair when there is a knock at the door. I float downstairs and answer it's Finn

"Hey Marcy, I got you these." He says as he hands me a Bouquet of black roses.

"Oh thank you Finn!" I say as I put them in a vase.

"I love them!" I say very greatfully I love black roses, he knows me so well.

"Are you ready to go?" He asks.

"Yeah sure."

"Okay." He says as he leads me out the door.

"Where are we going?" I ask very curious.

"It's a surprise." He says with a devilish grin.
He leads me into the forest I see lights in the distance and they get closer and closer until I see that they are hundreds of candles in a circle around a dining table.

"Oh Finn you did this all for me?!!"      I say surprised, and impressed.

"I would do anything for you." He says as he stares deeply into my eyes.

We sit down and he pours me a glass of red wine and he serves me a plate of strawberries. We drink the wine and eat the strawberries and then he serves me a piece of red velvet cake.

"Oh Finn, you remembered that red velvet is my favorite!!!" I say surprised.

"Marcy I wanted to tell you something."
He says seriously.

"What is it Finn?" I say curiously.

"I wanted to tell you that I-I like you a lot....like more than a friend......I think....I-I love you."

He says while gazing deeply into my eyes.  I blush uncontrollably and a smile takes over my face.

"Oh Finn I love you too!!" We both lean in and we share a passionate kiss.
It's so romantic that he would do all that for me I think to myself.
I love him so much!!

"Hey Finn do you want to go back to my place?"  I say with a devilish grin.

"Yeah I'd love to Marcy." He says while gazing deeply into my eyes.

We walk back to my place and go upstairs to my bedroom and get in my bed.

"I love you Marcy." He whispers in my ear.

"I love you too Finn."  I say as he softly kisses my neck and nibbles my ear. We just....kiss for awhile and then we fall asleep in each other's arms. 

It...feels good to be here with Finn.....I love him.