Chapter 14: the investigation

•Finn's pov•

It has been two weeks since I was turned into a vampire. 
At first it was a little weird getting used to Being a vampire. Marceline had to teach me to fly, suck the red from things, and most importantly not to go outside on a sunny day without protection.

I have been investigating the pirates who had almost killed me; but I had barely found out anything. I have been keeping it from Marceline because I don't want her to worry about me, seeing how the last time we met I almost died. But they have to pay for what they did! Not just for what they did to me, but also for the other people that they have hurt.

I Got a lead on a former member living in the badlands but I have to wait until Marcy leaves tonight for one of her concerts.

"Are you sure that you don't want to go Finn?" Marceline say to me.

"Yeah I'm sorry but I'm just really tired." I say pretending that I can barely keep my eyes open.

"Well, I'll see you when I get back okay."
She says as she kisses me goodbye.

"Okay goodbye Marceline."

I don't like keeping secrets from Marceline but if she knew what I was doing she would worry herself sick.

As soon as she leaves I run upstairs and grab my backpack and filled it with all my gear I would need and I went out the door and flew to the badlands. The sun is already down so I don't need an umbrella.

When I finally find the house I was told about its already late so I have to make this quick

When I finally find the house I was told about its already late so I have to make this quick. I knocked on the door and an old man opened it.

"Hello my name is Finn and I'm looking for a former pirate."

"Go away asshole! can't a man get any sleep around here!?!?" He says with a rude tone.

"I just wanted to ask you a few questions!" I say as he slams the door in my face.

Well, I tried peacefully reasoning with him but it looks like he wants it the hard way.

I kick the door down and flew through the door way and grabbed him by the throat slamming him to the ground

"Owww! You broke my hip!!" He screams.

"Shut up old man I have questions and I want answers."

"What is the name of the pirate crew you were a part of!"

"Satans army!" He says still screaming in pain.

"What is the leaders name!"

"Max......Max jones he's been the leader for twenty years!"

"One last question old man, where do they dock their ships!"

"They dock their ships in a huge cave on an island three miles off the southern coast!" He yells.

"Did you enjoy killing innocent people." I say as I pull a can of gasoline out of my backpack and start pouring It all over his house.

"Yes I did, I loved hearing the children screaming as we killed them." He says as he spits in my face.

"I hope you go straight to hell."
I pull a match out of my backpack light it and drop it on the ground.

As I fly away the flames grow bigger.
I wonder if when taking his last breath, he truly felt sorry for what he did when he was part of that pirate crew.

Why do some people like to see other people suffer?