Chapter 12: tough decisions

Marceline's pov•

"Good morning Marceline." Princess bubblegum say to me as I slowly wake up. It's been three months since Finn had spoken to me. he has been in a coma since I found him Jake had gotten better from his concussion and told us more about what happened that day. The pirates who had been looting and raping the people of that island they wanted to make an example of Finn for trying to protect the people. I sat by Finns hospital bed ever since, Jake visited every day; he would have stayed by his brothers side too if he didn't have a family to take care of.

"Marceline we have to talk." Pb says.

"Finn isn't getting any better in fact he's actually slowly getting worse we have to think about the other option, we have to talk about turning him."

"You mean into a vampire?" I ask.

"Yes it's the only way to save him!"

"Turning him into a vampire is a last resort. Being turned into a vampire affects people differently, I can control myself but I killed hundreds of vampires who couldn't. They killed a lot of people just so they could drink their blood and I don't want to roll the dice with Finn there's no way to tell if he can handle it!" I say as I begin to tear up.

"Marceline it has come to that, as much as I hate it. He literally has only a few days left if you don't bite him!"

"Okay, I'll do it.......c-can we be alone for this?" I ask as salty tears come rolling down my cheeks.

"Of course marceline, and I'm so sorry it had to come to this I really am."

"Me too pb." I say as she leaves us.

I slowly walk over to the chair beside his bed as if I was part of a funeral procession. I grasp his hand.

"Finn I don't know if you can hear me or not but it makes me feel better talking to you. I-I have to turn you into a vampire if I don't you'll die I just hope it's the right decision."

I kiss him on the mouth and then I slowly lean in and place my fangs on his neck and slow bite down, building up pressure until I pierce his skin.

It will take awhile for him to turn so I snuggle up close and fall asleep in his hospital bed beside him.

I can't help but wondering as I slowly fall asleep did I do the right thing?