oo5

The lights of the train flicker

The lights of the train flicker. The wire buzzed. Buzz. It roared. Buzz. Buzz.

Limitless continues moving and wherever it takes us, I don't have a clue.

I hold my breath as I watched the young men who entered the train one by one, all their eyes lasered on me.

I step back. Back, back and away from these strange, intimidating men.

I stop when somebody blocked my back. Lucas is standing behind me, his body tall and hard. He cups my shoulders tightly, making sure I don't go anywhere.

He's offering me to them.

I watch his friends. I watch the men who I don't have any clue what they want to do with me. I watch them because that's the only thing I can do now.

There are six of them, one of them concealing his hair with a hood. Then the rest are showing their hairs, varied in colors: pitch black, dark brown, light brown, sunshine yellow and midnight blue.

Hooded person speaks, "This is her?"

"Yes," Lucas replies. I can't read his face but I can read his voice. "She's nothing like what we expected, Taeyong . . . "

"She looks like a wimp," Black hair says, observing me.

"Exactly," I can feel Lucas stiffen behind me. "That's why I wish for you guys to be gentle to her. She's-" he pauses for a moment. "She's fragile."

"Wow," Brown hair says in fascination. "She looks like a victim of the VS,"

I assume this is Mark, for first mentioning the term VS.

"She's not," Lucas gulps. "Right, Nina?"

I don't answer.

Black hair speaks again, "Nina? That's her name?"

"Thought it started with a 'J' or something. Just like mine," the second Brown hair among them speaks, the taller one. Not Mark.

"Her true name's Jeena," Lucas confirmed for them.

"But you just called her Nina though," Mark blurted out.

"Exactly. I'm the only one who can call her Nina,"

I'm not a pet who you can call as what you please.

Somebody clears his throat. It's the hooded man.

"Did anyone else saw her with you?" he asks Lucas.

"None, she is alone when I found her,"

"Good,"