o24

Words jumbled in my brain, doing so well in twisting my thoughts

Capital.
Champion.
Parents.

What do they mean about that? Why am I clueless about everything?

Lucas looked at me, eyes steady. I looked at him and for the first time this night, he drew a fortifying breath. "You look so strange," he told me "You look so strange . . ." he repeated.

I steeled myself and touched his arms. "Are you doing well now?"

"Mostly, yes," he blinked "But it kinda feels hot. I feel breathless"

"Then breathe slowly, Lucas," I lowered my gaze "I'm going to touch this," I indicated his clothes and his body tensed, but he nodded his head anyway. I gently lowered his shirt over his shoulders to check his wound and my stomach flopped over. The flesh around his wound had turned purple. Spiderweb of purple veins spiralled around it, vanishing beneath the edges of his clothes.

Lucas lifted his shirt up to conceal the sight from me. "It's hideous," he told me, gaze avoiding mine.

"A wound is always hideous, Lucas," I chided. "Is this what you're talking about when you said you don't want to frighten me? Do you really need to hide everything from me? Am I not worth your trust?," I paused "Lucas, what do I even mean to you--"

Lucas turned paler, his green eyes focused on mine. They look like crystals, emerald shade of crystals. Slowly, he said, "You mean a lot to me, Jeena."

Jeena.

"If I really do," I breathed "Then let me see you."

"You see me now,"

"No," I waved my head "You don't. You don't ever . . . "

His green irises flickered, "This," he said "This body, Nina. This dark soul. This-" he paused "This everything. It is something not worth of your sight."

"Lucas," I pronounced his name so gently.

"You might run away," he added. "And never come back . . ."

"Oh, Lucas. I won't ever," I said. Very slowly, I cupped his cheeks with both of my hands. He has no choice but to face me. "Look at me, Lucas" I say and he does. I watch his dazzling green eyes looking at me, the pupils shaking in the middle. My touch brings this kind of impact to him. He's slowly melting to the warmth of my hands against his skin. His breath is shallow, hands white. I do this to him. My touch spellbinds him and I don't even know why "I would never run away from you,"

Two doubtful words escaped his full lips. "You won't?"

I nod.