o53

*

17:10:26

MY HEART was filled with monsters.

Teeth, no, fangs were devouring my heart fragment by fragment. DEVOUR. DEVOUR. DEVOUR.

It was crashing my heart. Although it was having a poor attempt to keep on beating, these monsters keep on coming and coming like sounds tick tick tick until BOOM! ... everything explodes inside me.

A ticking time bomb.

But I'm not timeless alone; and I can't believe it. I can't swallow the reality. It's like there's a hard stone blocking my breathing path.

I don't know if this is a curse or a blessing.

I just found that one of the person that I love had survived the virus while the other man that I love is...dying from it?

Sooji started rubbing circles around my back, "Are you okay now, Wong?"

"Can I see Jaemin?" I asked her, my voice cracking.

Her expression fell. Then her dark brows twitched in the middle.

"You might as well not," she said sternly.

"Why?" I looked at her urgently.

Sooji studied my expression for a while. Then she let a sigh escape her lips.

"He might not remember who you are, Jeena."

There was a huge difference when she addressed me as Jeena, not Wong. It's as if she knows me. Who I am. The Jeena from the orphanage. Jeena who got attached to seven, rare boys. Jeena whose parents are known as heartless. Jeena who lost every piece of her. Jeena who will leave this place soon.

"What do you mean he might not remember who I am?" my heartbeat accelerated.

Her eyes flickered. She's taller than me, so she looked down from underneath her long, curvy lashes. "Well," she cleared her throat. "The government," she blinked "They must've wiped out his memories."

My stomach flopped over.

"Why would do they do that? To Jaemin?"

"This is part of my proposal, Wong. But first, I need to share all necessary information to you."

"Do tell," I nodded.

She held our gaze still, without breaking the eye contact. "The government is hiding something. And they are planning a new scheme for their next move."

"Who is the President?"

"Which one? The first? Or the second?" she asked cheerily.

"There are two?"

"There's the former president. The one who died. It doesn't matter anymore, he's gone. Our enemy is the new president."

"Do you know who they are?"

"Only the first."

I gasped. "Is he," my voice hardly escaped my chest "Sooji, he couldn't be you and Sicheng's father...?"

Her amber eyes widened for a split second.

"Oh heavens, no," she waved her head rapidly.  "I can assure you Sicheng and I are not connected to the President, either the former or the current one. Biologically, most of all. That's gross."

"Then who is it?"

"It's Jungwoo's father. But as I already told you, that information doesn't matter anymore. He's gone. And his son is not harmful to us, well, he has never been. He ran away from his own father."