o17

Standing here, in Lucas' private world, I already knew we broke many rules

I can make out every drip drop of the water from the bathroom as Lucas took a shower. The wound- thankfully- was only temporary. He told me the weapon that shot him didn't really use a material bullet but some sort of chemically combined formula that crashes the cells in the blood. Lucas said he was lucky he remembered the Nakamotos gave a supply for a cure that's specifically designed for it in the headquarters, which was the one I used on him earlier.

He didn't tell me who shot him. He didn't tell me where he and Taeyong were always going either. I guess, ignorance is good in some point. For now, I could drench myself in blindness from who he really is and maybe, just maybe, he would be the one to open up to me in the perfect time. Soon.

He told me to get dressed. What's the point of wearing all these sophisticated clothes, no one is gonna judge me anyway. If there is, I would give zero fucks about it. The mere thought of Lucas and I going outside this late in the evening makes me feel like none of the world matters anymore.

Then suddenly, the door of the bathroom creaked open.

Drip.

Drop.

Drip.

Drop.

stop staring
Jeena.

Stop.

Staring.

"The clothes look good on you."

Stop talking, Lucas.

Stop talking while you're in nothing but a towel.

"Thanks" I said, trying to keep my eyes busy by studying the lines on the palm of my hand.

I can't believe that just a few minutes ago, I laid on the bed with him shirtless. I never even thought of the mountain on his shoulders, his taut chest or even the slant of his collarbone. I was so focused on curing his wound that I never gave thoughts about it.

But this sight right now, eventhough I'm meters away from him, could probably damn me in torturous ways.

"Could you toss my shirt for me?" he asked. "It's over there."

I am a machine that responded automatically. Without blinking an eye, I reached for his shirt. Gripped it. Threw it at him.