o39

Soft murmurs and gossips spread throughout the Fortrent as a tall man in maroon clothes stepped out from the backstage

His face was hidden from us, for it was covered by his luxurious dark hat.

For a moment, he just stood there and dwelled the stares of the audiences. Shortly after, a ghost smile lifted the corners of his lips. Fixing his tie first, the mysterious man then spreads his gloved hands in the air.

"Lords and Ladies. First of all, let me welcome you to the Capital's Fortrent!" he spoke in precision through the microphone hovering above his mouth.

I immediately recognize whose voice it was.

Johnny.

The crowds cheered in response. Then all of them let out a shriek when, after the simple introduction, the statues near the wall burst into confettis. The silver and gold foil papers scattered around the Fortrent, letting themselves get carried by the wind. Some of them landed on my lap, on my hair, and even my shoulders. Ten, being mindful, brushed it away from me with his hands. He casted me a reassuring glance as if to say, "it's just an act."

I can't blame him. I can already feel piercing stares at the seats behind me, enough to dig holes on my back. All of them must know me as the girl who came here with Ten and his friends. Nothing more.

"I will be your emcee for today's show! You, honored guests, may call me Johnny! And welcome to the show you've all been waiting for, Fantastikun!"

The liveliness of his tone set the crowds in screeching sounds. Johnny waited patiently for them to finish, but in the end he found himself the need to do something for the crowd to calm down.

He placed his finger on the tip of his nose, as if to say shhhh, and that gesture was enough to make the audience turn rock silent.

Johnny smiled at the effect of his effortless actions.

Then Lucas, without glancing at me, mumbled, "Don't be nervous," he said to the stage. "He won't notice you if you don't stand out. Besides, you're wearing purple for a reason. Nobody will suspect that Kwon Jeena is not a Chip holder."

I nodded as a response, mouthing a soft okay with my lips.

Shortly after, Johnny clapped his hands in delight. He looked at us, "My, my. I see a lot of varying Chip holders sitting with us today. Cyan! Neon! Oh! Even the Chipless are here! Welcome, welcome."

Most of the audiences bowed their heads in recognition.

"Are you all excited for today's show?" Johnny asked, pretending to put his hands on his ears.

The crowd replied a long yes.

"What was it?"

"Yes!" they repeated.