o43

Everything I knew was a lie

Everything I knew was a lie. My history. My family. My friends. My past.

I am a lie.

Lucas, no, Yukhei glanced at me before a series of men took him.

Ten tried to protest but it was pointless. His growl is not enough to scare them off. When Yukhei was taken to the deck where Yuta was, my insides curled.

"Yuta," Yukhei pronounced, as if he despised every letter of that name. "Let Jeena go."

Instead of giving a proper response, Nakamoto replied, "You told me before that one's fate could change. But here we are now, facing each other. Does it make you angry, Dirtyhands? Does it frustrate you? That despite everything you did to stop this from happening," he lifted a cold eyebrow "It still came up to this kind of mess? She," he pointed me with a pale finger "she still became the poison that you and Taeyong don't want her to be."

"I don't care about my fate. You can do anything you want with me, Yuta. Just-" he swallowed. "Just please don't bother Jeena anymore. Release her. And don't be a damn obstacle from her happiness."

"Oh," the addressed man blinked. "Oh," he repeated, laying his back on the chair properly so he can have a proper view of the sight before him. "After many years... after everything that happened... after all our efforts," he breathed "you two are still going on with your-" he paused to laugh "your absurd romance . . . ?"

My lungs shuddered. My mouth opened and closed in lack of words.

"Don't even think of taking her as the Champion," Yukhei breathed. "Jeena's staying with us."

"Stay?" Nakamoto murmured. "For how long? When you yourself," he blinked. "don't have much time left."

Dots of sweat poured down my cheeks. "Yukhei," I said.

I swore I saw the man flinch. When I called him by that name, it seemed as if he was hit by a bullet. Yukhei's finger twitched, his brows curled, "Jeena," he said under his breath.

He called me Jeena. Not Nina. Not love. And hopefully not anymore.

This is a great step, I suppose.

"Was it," I inhaled sharply "Is he," I looked at Nakamoto. "Is he telling the truth? That I lost my memories?"

Yukhei stared at the floor. Then at me. He looked guilty, hurt, and destroyed.

"Yukhei, answer me. Do we know each other before? Who are you? Who-" I blinked. "Who am I?"

"Jeena," his voice was low. His eyes were tainted. He raised his face to look at me and I saw misery. "Yes," he finally admitted, chest heaving up. "Yes, you lost your memories. And yes, we knew but hid it from you. I hope you won't take it in a different way. We just wanted to protect you from your past..."