o35

An:

Um hey guys :(

(I'm so sorry I'm so emotional while writing this chapter)

As you've noticed, there are two updates. CHAPTER 35 and 35.5 .

Yeah that was done intentionally. It's very necessary to publish them in one go. So if you wonder if it's necessary to read 35.5. It is :(

It is a special chapter, but it matters a lot.

I already warned you that this story is closer to tragedy.

Thanks for reading.

As we browsed through the pictures, Lucas asked me why I only have one photo with the Orphans where we are complete

"Well," I pursed my lips together. "They're too hyper so I always got left out. And I'm not really photogenic so I don't mind not being in the frame. Besides, I want to capture memories not a picture of myself," I explained

Lucas hummed. I can feel the vibration of his neck since his chin is resting on top of my shoulder.

"Mark is such an opportunist," Lucas said when we came across one picture where Mark is in it along with Donghyuck. They were wearing a huge box-shaped smile, their arms over each other's shoulders. I have never seen Donghyuck smile this wide before. "That guy's name is Donghyuck, right?" he added.

"Yes," I smiled.

"He often gives you goo-goo eyes, you know," Lucas smirked.

"Who?"

"Donghyuck."

"Hmmm," I looked upwards. "Didn't notice that."

The man behind me chuckled. "Because you're a little bit dense."

"Am I?" I asked him.

He nodded. "Yeah," then he licked his lips. "Actually, if you wouldn't have shown me signs about your feelings to me when we're at Phase Eight, then I wouldn't have the courage to admit my feelings to you too, you know. I was thinking that maybe my fondness of you will creep you out. I was thinking that it may damage our friendship."

"But it didn't."

"Yeah," he gulped. "I was so happy that time. When you hugged me and almost cried for me? Yeah, I knew I acted angry. But the truth is, deep inside I felt great. So, so great. But something's stopping me, Nina. I hope you understand why I rejected you the first time. I was just-" he paused. "I was just doubting my worth. I was just-" he blinked. "So afraid of how things might end up."

"The past doesn't matter. We're together now, aren't we?"

He nodded, smiling widely. "Yes," he breathed. "Indeed we are."