o20

Lucas took the sit at the long end of the table

Lucas took the sit at the long end of the table. The sides were occupied by the Orphans, who are divided into two so three of them occupy each side. I took the chair opposite to Lucas. We're the farthest away from each other.

Beside us, I glanced at the rectangular device attached to the surface of the table. The texts were written in a neon green color.

"Whoah. What is this?" Chenle asked, speaking my thoughts.

Lucas gave him a smile. "It's the menu. You will place your order through that device. Click any food that you want try."

"Who's going to pay for them?" Donghyuck asked.

"I will," Lucas replied. "This is my treat. Please feel free to choose anything that you like."

"Anything?" Jisung asked.

Lucas nodded.

Most of them cheered. With excited fingers, they began tapping the device.

"Oh fuck. They serve turkey!" Donghyuck exclaimed.

"What is this? I can't even pronounce it!" Jaemin said with a chuckle.

"Everything looks delicious though. As for me, I want to try the strawberry tart." Renjun commented, his face wearing a sincere snile.

"I suggest the honey tart!" Lucas said, his voice lively. "It's my favorite!"

"Oooh!" Chenle said, eyes open wide. "Honey! I love honey! Um, wait. What does it taste like again?" he chuckled.

"Definitely better than the icecreams we buy at our street." Donghyuck cringed.

"Hey," Jeno mumbled. "The icecream's not that bad. Remember when Jeena always buy those icecreams for us every Sundays? God, it's really the best everytime it's Jeena's treat, right? It kinda feels so special and a thousand times tastier than it should be. Right, Jeena?"

Silence.

"Jeena?" Jeno repeated.

"She's mentally absent," Donghyuck rolled his eyes.

Then Chenle screamed, snapping me to my senses. "JEENA!"

I winced. Then blinked. "Huh?" I blinked again. My eyes met Lucas. He's looking straight at me.

"Have you placed your order?" he asked, his face neutral.

"Ah. Yes. Give me a sec." I touched my temples, biting my lower lip as I forced myself to look at the screen.