o25

Watching Lucas fall asleep, eyes closed tenderly, left me with an icy-blue nervous hum

Mark can't believe what he's seeing himself, his brown irises shaking. "Very, very helpful. He did fall asleep."

"The keys," I said.

"It's over here," Mark gestured at the front seat, taking the keys in between his fingers as he jingled it to show me. My throat feels dry; my hand situated on Lucas' lap. I mouthed the word sorry. But he can't hear me, of course. He's in a deep slumber right now.

I felt the engine roar in a moment; Mark was responsible.

He took the driver's seat while I remain beside a sleeping Lucas.

"Goddamn. You might not believe it but it's my first time to see him sleeping," Mark stated.

Both of our eyes landed at Lucas' sleeping face. His chest was peacefully heaving up and down, hands resting on top of his stomach.

"I feel selfish," I murmured while staring at Lucas.

Mark glanced at my face, "Hey, don't feel guilty. You're just helping him."

"But still," I sighed "Nevermind, let's get going now. Do you know which way is Port No. 0127?"

"Of course. I know everything in this place!" he blinked "Why are we going there again?"

"My family," I reminded him.

"Oh yes!" he snapped his fingers before turning his body to face the road ahead of him "Holy shit. It's my first time driving this car. Taeyong doesn't ever let me drive. Speaking of Taeyong, where is he? Shouldn't he be with Lucas doing their jobs?"

While speaking, Mark started driving. He didn't lie when he said he knows how, because he does. I'm just worried because he doesn't have any license yet. But we won't get caught if we stay in the dark. Also, the port where I live in barely has securities around. The three of us are safe.

I replied to Mark's question, "He and Ten went somewhere."

I can see his frown through the rearview mirror. "Ten? He was here?"

I nod. "They were talking about the Capital. And a guy named Yuta."

they also talked
about my parents

But I didn't tell Mark that.

Mark's brown eyes seem nervous when I mentioned those words "Oh," he said, his hands pale on the driving wheel "Did they-" his throat bobs "Did they mention anything about a Ch-Champion?"

"They did. They said the Capital is going to execute their new Champion," I stated, my eyes worrily looking at Lucas.

"Oh," Mark blinked "That's-" he breathed "That's cruel. Not that I'm shocked. The Rule is merciless."