o19

The boys dressed up in their casual clothes: a shirt matched up with jeans

Jisung and Chenle couldn't help jumping around, constantly saying how they're excited to eat popcorns and icecreams. Then there are the elder ones, mumbling how unrealistic the Capital is and demanding they should eat something better than popcorns.

When we arrived at Limitless, the Orphans sorrounded the seats near me. Lucas sat on the sit three rows away from us, occupying the vacant chair.

"Yay!" Jisung clapped his hands. "Jeena's boyfriend is going to give us food!"

Donghyuck snorts. "He's not her boyfriend."

"Husband, then?" Jisung asked, earning a blow to his head by Donghyuck.

"Ow. That hurts, Hyung!" Jisung whined, rubbing his head that got hit.

"Then zip your mouth if you don't want to taste another one," Donghyuck whisper-screams.

"So rude," Jenos said from behind, sitting next to a pale-looking Jaemin. Donghyuck replied something, which sounds nothing but nonsense to my ears.

Sighing, I stood up from my sit and took the space beside Lucas. The Orphans didn't stop quarelling, barely noticing that I walked away from them. When I arrived beside Lucas, his eyes widened a bit. He stiffened. Then he scanned me from head to toe.

"Can I sit next to you?" I asked.

Silence.

"Lucas?"

"What, um, yeah. Wait, what are we talking about again?" he frowned.

"I was asking if I can sit next to you."

"Well sure, Nina." he sighed "But as much as I want you to sit next to me, I prefer you must be with your brothers instead."

"What? Why?" I blinked "They're being noisy there. And they're not even talking to me."

"Oh, Nina. If only looks can kill, I'd probably be dead from their stares. Especially that one,"

I know he meant Donghyuck.

"But I don't want you to feel left out . . . " I murmured, which he heard properly.

"Trust me, Nina. I am used to being alone. And this visit is not about me. It's about your family-"

"But I thought we're going to do this together," I gulped. "I thought it's you who I am going on an adventure with. How can that happen when you don't-" I paused. "-when you don't even talk to me about yourself?"

"This is ridiculous, Nina. I can handle my own." he looked away. "Now don't make a fuss about this-"

"I am not a thing, Lucas. Just because I am dying doesn't mean you would shut up about everything. It doesn't mean you need to lie to me the whole time. It doesn't mean that anything you say is fine with me because it's not. How long do we remain strangers? How long will you keep hiding from me? How long will you keep pushing away like I'm just your-" I blinked. "Your temporary entertainment? I don't want you to treat me like this."