Chapter 6

I walked into the house to be immediately met by Remus shoving a wand in my face and questioning, "What did you make for dinner last night?"

I thought for a moment then answered, "We had burgers, with the cheese and bacon bits in the actual burger itself."

He lowered his wand and lowered his voice, "We had to make sure."

Behind him there was a large crowd covering the couch, "What's happening?" I asked, "Where is everyone?"

"Well you were able to distract most of them it seems but everyone still seemed to have a rough time. George got his ear cursed off it looks like."

I put a hand to my mouth, "No!"

I walked with Lupin to stand around the couch with everyone else as they watched Molly tend to George's ear, tears welling in her eyes. It seemed she had to care for this son since her other sons and husband hadn't come back yet.

"What happened?" I asked quietly.

"It's been cursed off. Likely Snape's work. Sectumsempra was a specialty of his at school," Sirius spat.

I scrunch my eyebrows and took a step forward to look at the wound, "I don't think it's Sectumsempra."

"Of course it is Jessica," Remus said a bit harsher than he meant I'm sure.

I waved my hand over George and when nothing happened I replied just as harsh, "I assure you it's not. I know the counter curse to Sectumsempra, it is my father's after all. This is a different curse, I'm sure of it."'

No one seemed very happy with that information, as George was still missing an ear. If it was a Dark Arts spell my Draca powers tended to not work super well, but I had gotten better at channeling them to counteract Dark magic as well.

"I need everyone to leave the room," I informed the room at large, "I have something I want to try."

"You heard the girl. If she thinks she's got a chance, let her at it," Sirius said ushering everyone out, as I'm sure he was remembering how I brought him back from the brink of death at the Ministry.

With everyone gone I was actually able to concentrate on the boy in front of me. The whole side of his face was bloodied and he was rendered unconscious from the amount of blood he had lost. I accioed a potion for blood replenishment that I spit in before pouring down his throat. I took my concealment charm off my appearance, as I seemed to be able to perform my Draca powers better when I didn't have it on. Then I put both my hands on George's ear and began to hiss in Parseltongue a spell that I had read in the book the Draca had given to me.

A soft green light illuminated the whole room as my hands began to vibrate very quickly without me controlling them. They kept shaking as I held them against George's ear and continued to chant the spell. Suddenly my hands were shot off his ear as if something had forced them off. In a white shimmer I watched in awe as a new ear began to grow in the side of his head where his other one had been. When it was done growing the room lit again in the green light and then I collapsed to the ground.

Molly and everyone came running in then to check on what had happened. I was helped up by Hermione, while Molly began to fuss over George who was awake now.

Molly turned to me and hugged me tightly, "Thank you," she whispered.

"You're welcome," I replied.

She went back to fussing over George but George gently pushed her off and stood up to make his way to stand in front of me and offered me a grin, "I owe you one Jessica."

"I'll come to collect one day," I replied cheekily.

The smile that appeared on his face made my exhaustion worth it. He allowed his mother to continue to fuss over him now as I turned to Hermione.