Chapter 13

I was shaken from my fantasy whe the song ended and Harry came over to me and said urgently, "I need to talk to you."

He led me over to where Ron was standing wiht Hermione, "So I was talking to Elphias Doge, the man who wrote Dumbledore's obituary, and your Aunt Muriel. I learned a lot about Dumbledore."

""What could you ever learn from an old hag like her?" Ron spat bitterly.

"Ron!" Hermione bashed him,.

"Guys stay focused. I learned that he had a sister that may have been a Squib. Your aunt seemed to think so, while Ephesus said she was just sick her whole childhood. Then, get this, his brother Aberforth punched him out at Ariana's funeral, said it was all her fault. Muriel seemed to think his mother killed her own daughter."

"That seems a bit crazy, where did she hear all this from?"

"She may be annoying but apparently she has a lot of important connections. Both of her sources seemed reliable for those things but then she also believes a lot of what Rita Skeeter has beren writing too apparently. She said she thinks someone named Bathilda Bagshot who apparently knew Dumbledore really well."

"Wait Bathilda Bagshot. She wrote Hogwarts A History didn't she?" exclaimed Hermione, "She's got to be a million years old by now!"

"Yeah Ephesus said what she said might not be true. But this is the real kicker, she lives in Godric's Hollow apparently! She also said the Dumbledore's used to live in Godric's Hollow. I don't know why he never told me he lived there too."

I would have made a comment on this, telling Harry not to worry but suddenly a large lynx Patronus came and landed on the dance floor startling a lot of guests, "The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming," came Kingsley's deep voice.

Immediately panic and mayhem broke out among the guests. Many apparated straight away while others ran around looking for their loved ones to leave with. The air around us began to fill with black smoke marking the presence of the Death Eaters.

I ran quickly to Neville and grabbed his face drawing him into a long kiss, "I love you. I'll see you soon, I promise."

He looked dazed, "I love you too."

As I ran back to Hermione, ROn and harry, I noticed the look of shock on the face of his Gran as well as my three friends. I just ignore them as I grabbed each of them as hermione apparated us away. We appeared in what appeared to be a Muggle neighborhood.

"Where are we?" asked Harry taking a look around.

"Near my old neighborhood. It doesn't matter .we all need to change come here," she replied pulling us into an alley and pulling clothing from her bag.

Once we were changed we walked down the street until Hermione pulled us into a small coffee shop that was deserted save for the two waitresses working there.

"The wedding," Harry mumbled, "We have to go help."

"We will only make matters worse. The Order was all there practically, they'll make sure everything is okay. We needed to leave, it was for the best."

"We can go to Hog's Head, it's nearby," ROn said, "WE have to find out what's happening."

"We can't do that," HErmione replied harshly, as a result of her nerves, "They'll be expecting us at a place like that. We know Voldemort has the Ministry there's not much else to know."

Two men walked into eh coffee shop and sat down. The waitress went into the back as Hermione was saying something about all the books she had packed falling. The two men stood up and their hands went for their right side.

Harry drew his wand at the same time as the two men and was able to Stun one of them while I Stunned the other >Ron in the meantime had pushed Hermione to the ground as she was looking through her bag and would've been hit.

"Stupefy!" harry yelled causing the larger of the two men to fly backwards against a wall.

Hermione cast a silent charm that caused the shelves above him to fall on him. I sent the other man flying into the air until he hit the ground hard. I couldn't let them get away and inform VOldemort I was with the GOlden Trio, I would be forced to give him their locations.

"Let's go!" Harry yelled.

There was no need for my friends to be where, "You lot go ahead."

"We need to make sure they can't remember us!" Hermione said and I was never as thankful for her cool head as I was right now, 'We can wipe their memory so they won't remember they saw us if they try to report back to their master."

I nodded in agreement and wiped both their memories with a wave of my hand before the four of us darted out the front door.

I turned back around, "Limpio," and the shop was cleared up after the four of us had wrecked it.

"We need somewhere to go," Hermione said, "Then we can figure out how they were able to find us. The Trace was supposed to break, and Jessica's never had it, I don't understand how they found us."

"WE should go to Grimmauld Place," Harry told them.

"You heard the order, Snape," ROn cast a glance over at me, "Knows the location, and he could get in."

"They've put up plenty of protections against him and I doubt that's where he'll be right now. Normally after something like this the Dark Lord would call a meeting to yell at people and such. He'll probably be there."

"Fine," Hermione agreed, "But not for long. Sirius, LUpin and Tonks will be back home soon too and I don't want them to find us there either .We can just stay for a bit to collect ourselves, then leave again."

WIth that agreed the four of us apparated to Grimmauld Place and let ourselves into number 12. It hadn't been that long since I had entered the house ,and the sense of familiarity was one I enjoyed. There were actually plenty of protections against Severus getting in, or any Death Eater for that matter but I knew that wouldn't be an issue.

We sat down on the couch in exhaustion. Suddenly a large silvery Patronus came through the air in the form of a wease and landed in front of us.

"Family safe. DO not reply, we are being watched," came the voice of Arthur Weasley.

I could see Ron visibly relax, and I felt similarly. Sure, it wasn't my father, but they were as good as family to me. I knew Harry was relieved Ginny, as well as the rest of the Weasleys were safe, but what did they mean they are being watched. By who? And How?

Another Patronus came a few minutes later in the form of a black dog that was obviously Sirius, "We are safe. Staying at the Burrow for the foreseeable future. Do not reply."

At least I knew that this would be a safe space to crash for a few days if we needed it since it seemed like the three wouldn't be coming back for a little while. The BUrrow was better protected, and had the Order members there constantly on watch to keep it even more safe.