Chapter 33

super super Long chapter, but we are starting to get to the end, so the chapters will be considerably longer (hopefully not this long every time though whoops)

"Well I can't say I'm happy to see you getting in trouble in class again Jessica, since I'm sure this means you'll be receiving detentions and I know what they do to you in those."

I shrugged, "It's fine. Besides I needed to talk to you so I suppose this is for the best really."

"What about?"

I began to fill him in on the events regarding Malfoy Manor. Severus had heard about this from Lucius, but hadn't been aware of everything that had happened.

After I was done that story I told him, "Harry is pretty sure there's a Horcrux in Bellatrix's vault, so we are going to break into Gringotts to go steal it. I need a way to get out of this school on Saturday to go help them, do you have any ideas?"

"Why must you go?"

I replied, "It's going to be dangerous, and I don't want them going in there without backup. If I had been there when the Snatchers came they would've never been taken to Malfoy Manor, and Hermione wouldn't have been tortured."

"You can't blame yourself for that," Severus said softly.

I took a seat finally after pacing around the room, "I know," I said softly, "But either way I want to help more."

He sat back in his chair and folded his hands contemplating the situation in front of him, "Well I suppose I do have a good way that wouldn't raise any suspicion from the Carrows or the Dark Lord. I don't know what to tell your friends however."

"What?" I asked trying to come up with something to tell them. I suspect I'm going to just tell them I straight up snuck out of the castle by flying from the Astronomy Tower off to the edge of Hogwarts and apparating away."

"Well then if you have a story to tell them, the Dark Lord has been asking about when you are available to see him, for he wants to train and speak with you. I know he mentioned want your mother there as well."

I groaned, "Why is that woman all the sudden relevant? It's like she's VOldemort's whore or something."

"I feel like you aren't far off," Severus said with a sigh of his own, "i've been trying to figure her out, and see why she's here and how she fits into everything but I can't tell anything other than her and the Dark LOrd seem oddly close. It's as if they are planning things together, though I have never seen him plan anything with anyone else."

I shook my head, "I just wish I knew so I would know how to get rid of ehr, I hate her being back in my life."

"It's been a while since you were with her in any sort of permanent sense, and you've grown a lot in that time, and become much more powerful, you have nothing to fear."

I nodded, "I know, I guess it's still hard to get rid of fear I felt for the first 11 years of my life."

"I know, and I'm so sorry I wasn't there to take you away then," Severus told me with sad eyes.

I smiled softly at him and took his hand, "It's fine, truly-you didn't know."

"It still breaks my heart everytime I remember the first conversation we ever had, Do you remember that?" Severus asked abruptly.

I nodded softly, playing the memory over in my mind, "i was too scared to even talk to you."

"You told me then that you weren't supposed to speak because she didn't like the sound of your voice," Severus commented, "I still think about that sometimes and I realize I could've gone through life without ever hearing your voice, and how that would be an awful life compared to the one I'm living now."