Chapter 10

omg look at this gorgeous piece of fan art for jessica created by the lovely GlossyDee who has been one of my biggest supporters this whole time. this is so gorgeous and i love it!

We were about to walk out the door when we nearly ran into a group walking in

We were about to walk out the door when we nearly ran into a group walking in. Ron led the way, followed by Hermione and Harry. It was the last man that I was surprised to see however. THe Minister of Magic Rufus Scrimgeour followed after the teens looking annoyed.

"There you are Jessica! We were looking for you," Hermione said, "You need to come with us."

I looked over at Neville and mouthed, "Sorry," before staying inside with the trio, leaving Never to walk outside alone.

"As I'm sure you know, I am here to give you items left to you in the will of Albus Dumbledore," the look of surprise must have registered on our faces because he exclaimed, "Ah so you didn't know! Surely he would've told you if he was leaving you something?"

"He died a long time ago, why're you here just now?" Ron asked.

"It's because they were trying to find a reason to not give us whatever he left us. THe had to release them now because their grace period is up. You aren't allowed to do that! Those things are ours, from Dumbledore! I suppose if you're here, you couldn't find anything then could you?"

Scrimgeour did not answer but merely pulled a piece of parchment out of his robes and read, "To Mr. Ronald Bilius Weasley. I give my Deluminator and hopes he remembers me whenever he uses it."

Ron took the small object from the Minster and looked down at in in confusion.

The confusion only grew as he read out the next part, "To Miss Hermione Jean Granger I give my copy of the Tales of Beedle and Bard, in the hopes that she enjoys them."

Scrimgeour pulled out an ancient book and handed it to HErmione. The lettering was written in Ancient Runes, and never was I more glad that Hermione had taken that class so she could read to us what it said. Right now she was staring down at her gift with a questioning look upon her face.

"Any idea why DUmbledore would give you that Miss Granger?" Scrimgeour questioned.

She shrugged and shook the questioning look off his face, "Well he knew I liked to read so I suppose that's it. Either way, if your precious Ministry couldn't find any secrete meanings in it in the month they've had it, I hardly suspect I'd be able to. It seems it is just a book."

"Of course," the Minister answered smoothly then turned to me, "To Miss Jessica Wallwirt-Snape I grant a blanket from her childhood that I've come into possession of."

Scrimgeour pulled a blanket from his bag and I nearly threw up at the sight of it. I pushed my thoughts aside and took it from him delicately before placing it next to me.

"And why would he be bothering to give you items from your childhood Miss Snape?"

"Wallwirt," I corrected keeping up pretenses that i hated my father, "I don't have many things from my childhood, I'm sure he knew how much it would mean to me."

He didn't even answer me, "To Harry James Potter I leave the Snitch his father caught in his final game of Quidditch at Hogwarts, which won Gryffindor the house cup, so that he may have a memory of the sport he's loved so much, and the man who gave him his natural talent."

This gift puzzled me the most. I wasn't sure where Dumbledore had gotten it, and I wasn't sure what Harry was supposed to do with it. Harry didn't even play Seeker, he was a Chaser, what use did he have for a Snitch?

"WHy did he leave you your father's Snitch?"

"I dunno. Probably what he said in the will. So that I can remember all the good times I've had with the sport, and to remember my father. I hardly doubt there's any hidden message in a gift."

"Perhaps not, but a Snitch would be an awfully convenient spot to hide something small. THey have flesh memories you know. Normally only the person who first caught the SNitch would cause it to come to life again, but you would have similar enough DNA indicators as your father to cause it to come to life again."

The obvious finally dawned on me. If Dumbledore had left something within the Snitch then it was bound to open when Harry touched it.

"Here you go," Scrimgeour said holding it out forcing Harry to touch it.

WHen nothing happened once Harry's hand hit the Snitch he said, "Very dramatic. Well if that's all then, I'd like to return to my party then."'

"There's one more thing Dumbledore left to you Potter. He left you the sword of Godric Gryffindor, however this was not his to give, so the Ministry has confiscated that item."

"That's rubbish!" Hermione said, "The sword is his! It chose him."

He ignored Hermione's outburst completely, "Why do you think-"

"DUmbledore wanted to give me the sword?" Harry finished, anger bubbling, "I reckon he thought it would look nice on my wall."

"Are you sure it's not because he thought it was the only thing that could kill the heir to Slytherin. That he like many others think you are destined to kill he-who-must-not-be-named?"

"His name's Voldemort and it would do you well to use it," Harry said hotly, "And I don't suppose anyone at that Ministry of yours has tried running him through with a sword? I reckon it'd do as much good as anything else the Ministry is wasting their time doing right now!"

"You go too far!" Scrimgeour bellowed standing up.

Harry stood to his feet facing the Minster. Rufus pulled his wand out and stuck it at Harry's chest burning a hole through his shirt. Ron stood up at this point and drew his wand.

HErmione stood up and held onto Ron's arm, "Do you want to give him a reason to arrest us? Lower your wand."

Ron huffed by did as his girlfriend told him to.

I wasn't about to be convinced as easily, "I suggest you lower your wand, or you'll be sorry you ever pointed it at him in the first place."

"Is that a threat?"

"It can be if you'd like," I replied.

He didn't have the chance to retort because Sirius and Mr. Weasley came into the room, "We heard a noise," Sirius said, "You get your wand away from my grandson," He bellowed drawing his own wand.

THe MInister looked at the room around him then seemed to accept defeat and lowered his wand before muttering, "It was nothing. Good evening," before walking out the door then disappearing with a pop.