Chapter 36

He held my arm and together we apparated to Malfoy Manor. As we arrived there were Death Eaters apparating in. Once we were inside I saw many other Flooing in.

Voldemort himself was standing in the middle of the living room, "Snape," he called.

"My lord," my father greeted bowing, as I followed his lead, inclining my head forward.

"You've done well Severus, The time has finally come. It is time to face Harry Potter face to face. Jessica, you have truly outdone yourself. Tonight we will see if all our training ha paid off when you go into battle."

My mother came out of the kitchen area and walked over to where the three of us were standing, "I am so proud of you my child."

It wa the first time I had heard something like praise come out of my mother's mouth. I didn't like it.

"Let us make our way to Hogwarts. We will offer them a fair settlement first. Spilling no blood would be ideal. Dear, you should come with the second wave. Make sure everyone gets over there."

He leaned over and kissed my mother causing me to cock an eyebrow. I was surprised he was giving her any sort of leadership position and he kissed her so casually, as if he had been doing so for his whole life. As if he wasn't truly a monster, but bore some semblance of a man.

"Come," Voldemort told the room, "We will journey to Hogwarts now. THe time has come my brother."

Off the Death Eaters want disappearing into black smoke. Severus and I linked hands and took off together to avoid getting separated. We landed at the gates to Hogwarts.

"This is a fine place to start," Voldemort announced, "Sonorous."

It was hard to count the number of Death Eaters we had brought with us but the number had to be greater than fifty and I knew there were another twenty or so waiting at Malfoy Manor for the so-called second wave. I clung to my father's hand. He gave me a small squeeze to reassure me, and I squeezed back.

Voldemort spoke into his wand, which was the Elder Wand, "I know you are preparing to fight. Your efforts are futile. You cannot fight me. I do not want to kill you. I have great respect for the teachers of Hogwarts. I do not want to spill magical blood. Give me Harry Potter," he commanded, "and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter, and I shall leave the school untouched. Give me Harry Potter, and you will be rewarded. You have until midnight."

I looked up at my father who had worry etched into the creases of his face. If you didn't know him well you wouldn't be able to tell he was anything but absolutely calm. There were Death Eaters behind us that were freaking out, and muttering to themselves.

"Let us go take the forest, we can set up camp there and wait for Potter to come to us within the next period of time or we will bring to fight into the school itself."

Voldemort took off down the pathway to the woods. As we passed Hagrid's hut he came out of it and brandished his pink umbrella.

"You filthy half-breed," Dolohov hissed, "Allow me to take care of him my Lord."

Voldemort looked over at Hagrid, "He may prove useful. Take him with us, but make sure he can do no harm."

Hagrid finally saw me through the crowd as he was attacked by two Death Eaters and place in shackles, "Jessica. What are yer doin' with this lot?"

I turned away from him and swallowed my emotions. I couldn't let anyone see that I was upset, not even Hagrid himself. Too much was at stake.

Halfway into the forest Voldemort doubled over and clutched at his chest. I knew they must have found a way to kill the horcrux contained within the cup. It was the only thing that would make him react like this.