Chapter 21

The next day would be the first day of classes. I would have to take Muggle Studies, and Dark Arts as everyone had to take those classes. THen I would also be taking Charms, Transfiguration, and Potions. Unlike other years where I had filled my days with electives I wanted as little time in class as possible. I could spend the rest of the time researching ways to help ROn, Harry, and Hermione or helping kids that I knew would end up needing it.

My first class of the day would be Charms, which I would have Neville, and Seamus in. While class went fine, Flitwick seemed a little nervous. It was a class of Gryffindors and Ravenclaws, and he seemed to be trying to impress upon us that Hogwarts was in a bad state right now, and that he would try to help us, but we needed to stay out of trouble.

The next class on my agenda was POtions, while Seamus and Neville left me to go to Herbology.

As I walked down to the dungeons I realized how small this class was going to be. Without Harry, Hermione, and Ron I was going to be the only Gryffindor. Then there would be Draco and Blake as well as Blaise, along with two Ravenclaws and a singular Hufflepuff. This was all assuming everyone continued the class from last year, and I was sure if they were taking this class they needed it for their future profession and wouldn't be turned off enough to drop it.

Once the time for class to start had passed I realized I was wrong. THe one Hufflepuff boy, Ernie, as well as one of the Ravenclaw girls had dropped the class. I sat next to the other Ravenclaw girl that decided to stay with the class, named Millie. Draco, Blake and Blaise sat at the table opposite the two of us.

Slughorn was still going to be teaching the class, and be the Head of Slytherin this year once more. I knew people feared Severus would be taking over again and had dropped the class.

The class went by fine. The dynamic was much different in this class seeing as though there were Slytherins here too so there were less warnings and hidden messages than there had been in Flitwick's class. Instead, we stayed on the subject of Potions the whole time. The once jovial man seemed very dull and tired of life.

The next class was one that I wasn't looking forward to at all-Muggle Studies with Alecto. The woman did know who I was, but that didn't mean she was going to be nice to me.

My only release was that Neville and Seamus were going to be in there with me. We would be taking it with Hufflepuff students, and as it was now mandatory, the class was packed.

I sat between the two boys as Alecto strode into class with a maniacal grin upon her face, "Ah hello class," she greeted though there was nothing friendly in her tone, "Now Snape made this class mandatory because it is important to teach you all about the truth about Muggles and Muggle-borns. You have been being lied to, and deluded for much of your lives and it is time for this to stop."

My eyebrows rose as she spoke and there were horrified looks on the faces of many students in the class who were feeling the absence of their Muggle-born friends, or some had a parent that was a Muggle.

"It is best to understand Muggles themselves to be able to understand how terrible they are and how overly ambitious they are so we can start to understand why they stole magic from wizards."

"They're born with it!" cried out Neville.

I shoved his side lightly to try to make him shut up but the damage had already been done, "You're wrong boy. There is no proven way that Muggle-borns are born with the magic. THey have to steal it for their own use, to try to be as good as we are," she turned to the class, "This is what I mean. You all are so dumb and know nothing about the truth."

Neville looked like he was going to say something else but I shook my head no and hissed, "It's not worth it here, believe me."

He may not have wanted to, but he shut up from that moment on despite all the questionable things Alecto said. I knew it was best to not waste out energy in this class however, as I knew the next class with her brother was going to be even worse.