Chapter 19

i hope it's alright that i skipped over what happened in the ministry. i figured everyone knows what happens! :)

With that I apparated to Grimmauld Place and took a seat on the couch with a book thinking everything was just fine and dandy at the Ministry getting the locket from Umbridge.

I was proven wrong when I heard the door fly open and I ran to the front door to see ROn covered in blood and clutching his arm. Hermione was right next to him trying to stop the bleeding and Harry was right behind the two of them.

"What happened?" i asked stepping forward to take the pressure on Ron's arm from Hermione.

"He got splinched while we were leaving," Hermione explained, "There were Death Eaters on our tail though they didn't know it was us, so we left way too quickly I think. I figured you could heal him the best so we came right back here."

"Come in here ROn, I can heal you right up," I told the boy, "Did you guys get it?" I asked staring back at Harry who looked fine except for the look of shock on his face while looking at his friend.

As I got Ron to lay down on the couch so I could heal him I got a small nod from harry and Hermione tossed me a locket through the air. I caught it and took a brief look at it before turning back to Ron. I placed both my hands on his torso and murmured the spell to myself. I could hear the gasp from Hermione as my glamour fell away and she could see the scales on the side of my neck. I ignored her and focused on channeling the magic woven into the core of the Earth into Ron to bring him back to full health. As a soft white glow surrounded his arm I watched as the gash slowly closed itself.

This was a small healing job than some others I had performed but I was still pretty tired so I sat back and put my glamour back on as soon as I was done. Hermione scorgified Ron to clean him up and the ginger boy sat up on his own with a grateful look on his face.

"Thank you Jessica, I was worried there for a second. I've never been splinched that badly."

I waved his thanks away, "Of course. Now you guys can fill me in on what exactly happened."

"I think we have to leave first," Hermione said quickly, "I tried to come here first but Yaxley was on my sleeve. I think he got through the protection charm around the house, I think he knows exactly where it is now and all the Death Eaters can get in. they know we are here. I was able to get him off, but I only came back to collect you and make sure Ron got healed up. We have to leave now though, they could come back at any time."

I groaned, "Alright let's go somewhere safer then."

"I know just the spot," Hermione said before grabbing each of us and apparating to a wooded area, "It's the woods by where we stayed for the Quidditch World Cup."

I nodded, "This should be fine for tonight .Let's put some protective charms up then you guys can tell me all about what happened at the Ministry and how you got this thing," I held up the locket.

Once the charms were in place and we were seated in the tent we had packed Harry, ron and Hermione filled me in on everything that had happened at the Ministry including seeing Umbridge, and releasing a lot of the Muggle Borns and Arthur Weasley yelling at whoever Harry was. I winced as they described getting found out and seeing the Dementors but as long as they got the locket and got out safe it was worth it.

"So the locket is still intact then?" Ron groaned, "it's still got a piece of Vol-"

"Don't say his name!" I yelled, "I've done some reading and I looked through some recent disappearances and such and I think the name itself might be jinxed. We have to call him you-know-who."