Chapter 12

happy mother's day to any mothers reading this or to all of your lovely mothers! i hope you have a nice day celebrating or just a nice day in general :)

The next morning I woke up groggy, tired from my late night adventures. As I realized it was the day of the wedding, and the day before we were going to leave my heart began to race and I became instilled with a jolt of energy.

By late afternoon everything was set and the guests began to arrive. Harry was disguised as cousin Barney to avoid any suspicious behavior regarding the boy-who-lived. The backyard had tables and chairs set up all around ready for guests to sit in them. Fred, George, Charlie, and Ron were given the task of telling people where to sit. There was a large canopy in the front under which Bill and Fleur would soon be married.

I was standing next to Fred and George with Ginny when Fred pointed and said, "Look here they come. Plenty of Veela cousins to go around it looks like."

He left to escort a pair of particularly pretty witches to their seats earning a giggle from Ginny and a scoff from George.

"You should have left me without the ear," he joked, "i would have racked up the pity points with the ladies."

"I'll curse it off again," Ginny volunteered.

Ron came back over from escorting his dear AUnt Muriel to her seat. He looked thoroughly harassed and from the few moments I had spent in the woman's presence I could imagine why. Harry-disguised as Barny arrived a few seconds behind him, after removing himself from a long conversation he was having with Mr. Lovegood and Luna.

Hermione came over, "Wow you look fantastic," ROn told her.

SHe blushed, "Thank you Ronald, you all look lovely."

The Diggorys came, I knew they were neighbors of the Weasley s. Fred took it upon himself to lead Cedric and Amos to their seats as his discussed Quidditch with the pair.

Soon everyone else was seated and it was time for all of us to take our seats as well. We took our alloted seats in the front row and watched a Bill, flanked by CHarlie came to stand at the altar. Suddenly everyone's head swiveled around to watch Fleur and her father walk down the aisle, flanked by Ginny and Gabrielle. All of them looked gorgeous, and I noticed harry seemed unable to take his eyes off Ginny.

As I watched them make their way up I saw a familiar face across the aisle from me. I saw Neville sitting down next to his Gran and wondered how he had slipped in past me without saying hello. I wanted things to be a secret but that didn't mean we weren't allowed to act at least friendly in public, as we always had.

As we were sitting Ron's Aunt Muriel plopped herself down at the table with us, "Dear god who is that man over there in the yellow?"

I looked to where she was looking at distasteful, "That Mr. Lovegood."

"Come dance with me," ROn said standing up and giving a hand to Hermione as an obvious sign that he wanted to get away from his aunt, who was bound to make another comment regarding the man.

She went away with him to dance as his Aunt asked Harry-disguised as Barney, "Is he with that girl?"

Harry nodded,"Yes."

"She's much too pretty for him. Though I have to say the same about that Fleur girl. Of course my tiara makes her outfit but she's much too pretty to be marrying that boy."

"Oh, she's lovely," Harry replied awkwardly.

"Do you know her well? WHo are you?"

"Barny Weasley. I know her kind of okay I suppose," Harry responded obviously uncomfortable.

"Ah god another Weasley, I should have known. That lot breads like bunnies it seems, there's always a new one. Do you know that LOvegood man well too?"

"Not very well," harry said, "Why?"

"Because if he were not a guest here at the wedding I would curse him right here and now for that horrible symbol on that necklace of his."

"Why what's wrong with it?" I asked.

"And who are you?" AUnt Muriel asked me rudely.

"I'm Jessica Wallwirt," I informed her, "I'm best friends with Ron."

"Oh I've read about you," she said seeming like she must know everything about me, "There was an article about you written by Rita Skeeter in my favorite tabloid. You're the daughter of Severus SNape aren't you. Nasty man that bloke is, killing Dumbledore. I can't wait to read that new book that Rita has planned about Dumbledore I'm sure it'll have lots of great stories in there. Either way I'm srue you feel rather horrid about the whole thing. I can't even imagine having a child I didn't want, and being a Death Eater at the same time, it's enough to drive a man mad for certain."

"He's done some bad things," I said shortly.

"Well I'm sure he would have known that symbol there that the man had then. It's the symbol of Grindelwald you know. Surely your father had one, nearly all the worst wizards do."

"I've never seen it before," I tell her truthfully, "Though I heard he stuck to different regions than around Hogwarts areas."

"Yes, he always feared DUmbledore. Suppose he was right since he ended up defeating him. Though Rita says perhap Dumbledore didn't do as much as everyone thinks he did. Grindelwald definitely killed many witches and wizards, he was certainly the worst wizard of that time, hat is before he-who-must-not-be-named came around."

"I'm sure Mr. Lovegood doesn't know what it is then. He and his daughter are truly good people, there's no way he's wearing it in support of Grindelwald."

"I can only hope so, or that man is as crazy as those ridiculous clothes make him appear. Oh look they just put out those delicious little sandwiches, I need to get there to get some before they are all gone."

I went over to Neville and held a hand out, "Would you care for a dance?"

He looked from his Gran up to me and shrugged, "Sure. I'll see you later Gran."

"HI Augusta!" I greeted with a smile.

"Hello jessica, nice to see you again," she greeted much more stiffly.

I took Neville by the hand and lead him onto the dancefloor as he whispered, "Are you sure about this? Won't people think this is weird?"

I shook my head, "We are still friends which everyone knows Neville, and we are definitely allowed to dance then. Besides, I couldn't not dance with you at my first wedding!"

"I would do our wedding a bit different than this, much less dancing, but we'd definitely need our first dance," he said quickly then covered his mouth realizing what he had said.

I smiled up at him to tell him everything was okay, "I think we'd have a bit more attention if this were our wedding. Besides I'd be in a pretty white dress then."

"I bet you'd look good in a big white dress," he told me bashfully.

"And you'd look good in a nicer tux," I told him fixing his tie.

For a blissful moment I danced around in my nicest dress with the best boy in the whole world while picturing my perfect wedding. I would be surrounded by all my friends also in pretty dresses, and my father would have his name cleared and could walk me down the aisle. Everyone would cry, and at the end of the day I'd be married to the amazing man in front of me.