Chapter 11: House Of Wax

I started to walk away from the church but soon stopped when I realized wade wasn't following me"What?" I asked confused as he turned to me slowly with a little bit of an annoyed look on his face"nothing. Looks like your fan clubs got a little bigger.".

He stomped off in front of me as I looked at the church shocked "are you serious?" I said in disbelief as Wade scoffs "Yeah. I am serious. It's obvious Dalton still has a crush on you too but then again he liked Ashley too so I'm guessing he likes anything that walks." Wade huffed knowing Dalton likes pretty much any girl that talks to him.

"Oh my god. Okay, that's three times today. You're officially an asshole." I hissed at him making him stop in his tracks giving me a look "let's go see your famous house of wax" I offered sarcastically waving my hands in the direction of the building.

"But I'm still your favorite asshole right?" Wade joked in a playful voice behind me "Always" I replied smiling flirtatiously nudging him in the shoulder as he gently kicked me in the butt.

We continue to push and make fun of each other until we made it to the house of wax "I don't know what you expect to see in here" I questioned Wade quietly starting to regret my choice in coming up here.

Looking over my shoulder I saw Wade searching through his pockets before pulling something out "It is wax. Like, literally." He said to me excitedly showing me the wax on the tip of his pocketknife.

I scratched the wall and felt some of the wax curls under my fingernails feeling amazed that someone had taken the time and skill to build a whole building out of wax "You're not going to go in there are you?" I blurted as Wade pushed the door open even though there was a clear closed sign next to it.

"Yeah"He whispered excitably like a kid at Christmas, walking into the museum I sighed in relief when I saw it was empty "Doesn't closed mean 'I don't want you in here'?" I questioned Wade as played around with some of the wax stuff.

"Relax.I just wanna take a quick look" He said as I looked around cautiously to see if there was anyone in any of the other rooms"hello? Anybody in here?" Wade called out making me jump.

He turned back to me and shrug his shoulder carelessly "See relax Car we're fine" I rolled my eyes in annoyance I didn't really feel like relaxing in a wax museum, somewhere that was specifically stated as closed.

"How cool is this? Everything in her is wax. The floor, the walls. Look at this" Wade called to me happily pointing at a table thing "this is wax" he declared again excitedly showing his gorgeous dimples "Hm yeah. Cool. Awesome" I answered offhandedly I really didn't want to be here.

"Who are these people supposed to be?" Wade asked me as I looked at the wax people confused "I don't know" I shrugged uncaring "aren't there supposed to be famous people in a wax museum, I don't recognize this guy" Wade protested pointing to a wax version of a man looking like he's having fun, so creepy, I'm starting to regret not letting Ashley come.

I looked around at all the wax people and then some newspaper pages caught my eye "Trudy opens house of wax. Trudy's wax carvings area hit at the state fair. Trudy and husband are expecting first child".

I looked at Wade confused "since when is a wax sculptor a celebrity?"He walked over to me and looked at the same clippings "I don't know. small town I guess." I nodded knowing how ironic it was that he came to that assumption "That's right. You like small towns"I acknowledged a little bit sarcastically.

He smiled knowingly and gave a little sigh "I didn't say I wasn't gonna like New York I just said that I haven't made a decision yet.I still have time, all right?" I just smiled at him putting on my sweet voice hoping to sway him "Well, I'd really like you to be there with me."

"Oh no, there's a fire. Help me, Carly. I'm melting. My skirts gonna catch fire. My legs are burned" I heard Wade say in a high pitched voice behind me, I turned around to see him with a lighter next to the wax ballerinas skirt.

Iran over and knocked his hand out of the way before he could melt it"cut it out please" I checked on the wax ballerina to make sure that he hadn't burned it too bad "You're my hero" he said again in the high pitched voice. "That's not cool wade!" I argued knowing he was doing it to get off the moving talk.

"Hey Car, there's a dog for you" Wade sauntered over to the wax dog confidently "Hey, puppy. You a little wax dog too? What's up dog?" as he bends down to touch the wax dog it jumped up and barked at him.

"Jesus!"Wade shouted and fell over looking terrified, I let out a laugh and clapped my hands as the dog ran off "yeah haha, laugh it up" Wade said rolling his eyes and standing up looking embarrassed "what's a dog doing in here anyway" His poor man pride got hurt.

I looked at all the little wax things on the counter, they were all like hybrids of stuff like a woman's head and chest on a lizards body, weird, turning the sculptures over I noticed they all had the same name carved into them 'Vincent'.

I turned to see Wade playing on the piano "this Vincent guy is quite the artist" I said to him scoffing at the weird art "Yeah, I think this Vincent guy needs therapy" Wade replied mockingly noticing all the eccentric art too, I agreed with him.

This Vincent guy must have some problems going on in his life if he spends his time making things out of wax especially things so weirdly crude,I nodded at Wade as he stood up from the piano and whispered carefully "Yeah he's obviously, got something wrong with him".