Chapter 16: Wax People

We were still in Blake's car as the music I found softly played around us "So..." I looked at Dalton as did Nick wondering what he was going to say this time, Dalton thinking is never a good idea.

"... you think Carly and Wade are gonna stay together when she moves to New York?" Dalton asked innocently, Dalton has had the biggest crush on Carly for like forever and he's always thought he had a chance and then Wade came along.

"... Because she be looking at me sometimes like..." I shook my head laughing, everyone knew about Dalton's little crush even Carly but she never reciprocated his feelings and I don't think she ever would.

"Dalton, it ain't happening" Dalton looked at me shocked and Nick just laughed knowing what I was getting at "What? What do you mean?" Dalton questioned looking flabbergasted as Nick looked at D very serious like he was in big brother mode which he didn't show too much of these days.

"And even if it was happening... it ain't happening. Nothing personal" Dalton looked crushed as I looked at Nick with a grin "God your hot," I told him smiling to myself, Nick was very sexy when he was being protective which is one of the reasons I fell in love with him.

Nick held my hand and I could see him smiling as Dalton made a gagging sound before frowning at us "Why? You like me better than Wade, right?" he asked looking from me to Nick seeing if we agree with him.

I sighed at my friend as I put my chin on the back of Nick's seat "There is nothing wrong with Wade D" I told him feeling a like I had to stick up for the small-town boy for Carly's sake, I was amazed when Nick shrugged his shoulders nodding "Yeah, Wade's not so bad".

Dalton looked between the two of us thoughtfully "Yeah, I like Wade too" I chuckled and shook my head in amusement, Dalton does actually like Wade but he lets Nick do the thinking for both of them which usually mean that anyone Nick dislikes Dalton dislikes too.

"You'll find the girl for you D, and she'll be someone who likes you for you," I tell him as he gives me a small smile and blushed "Yeah?" he questioned like I had told him a secret "Mhmm. That's what love is, someone who knows your faults and still loves you anyway".

:::

Carly was running through the dark town when it all suddenly came to life, the lights turned on and everything seemed reanimated. Carly could feel the tears running down her face she knew she knew she wasn't leaving here without Wade but she had no idea where he was.

Glancing around the town around the town and spotted the church she started running hoping the priest would still be in there, maybe he could call the police for her or at least hide her away from Bo until her friends came.

"Help. Please, somebody" she screamed running through the doors but stopped still when she noticed the people in the church were the same people as before and none of them had moved as she walked around the people she noticed something terrifying. They weren't real, they were all wax.

Carly looked at all the different people and couldn't understand why the church was full of wax figures especially when Bo had been in here for a funeral service earlier, he said someone special to him had passed.

Walking backward looking at the scary expressions of the wax figures she bumped into something, she shrieked whirling around and saw she had accidentally broken one of the arms off a wax figure, with a gasp she realized that there was a person inside the wax.

Looking up quickly at the figures again her stomach tightened when she realized just how life like they were and why they were, everyone here was made of wax, like literally real people were inside the wax-sculptures.

Breathing heavily Carly's thoughts raced, A wax house and real people encased in wax 'How was this happening and why?' She thought to herself noticing a pamphlet in the hand of one of the figures and looked at it, it said 'Trudy Sinclair' that was the woman who Bo was talking about.

Placing the pamphlet back Carly turned and glanced at the casket that Bo was by earlier nervously, taking a step closer Carly wasn't shocked to see that 'Trudy' was made out of wax as well.

So when she and Wade had walked in earlier they hadn't interrupted a service, these people were already dead and by the looks of their aging esthetic they had been here a very long time but then why had Bo told them it was a funeral?

Hearing footsteps of someone about to enter the church Carly hid quickly and tried to keep quiet, listening out she could hear the doors open and looked out of her hiding spot and saw that it was Bo.

Closing her eyes tight Carly could still hear his footsteps "I'm sorry, Mama. These people just have no respect" Mama? Was he talking to Trudy Sinclair, was Trudy his mother, so he was one the boys he was talking about earlier.

Carly could feel the tears falling down her face again, if he could encase his own mother in wax then she didn't want to think about what he would do to her if he caught her, she waited to hear him leave but minutes passed and it had gone quiet in the church.

Just as she thought he had left to find her, thinking maybe he didn't know she had hidden in here two hands grabbed her from under the priests cloak making her scream in horror, pushing the hands away from her she jumps up and ran out of the church.

Bursting through the church doors she ran as fast as she could through the town but she wasn't quick enough as Bo tackled her to the floor and held her down and struggled to keep her from screaming.

Carly saw a woman pull back her curtains and look out into the street as Carly tried to scream at her "Help! Help, please! Will you help, please?! Over here! Help me!" Bo looked up to see who she was screaming at and just smirked knowingly as Carly gave up screaming and looked at Bo terrified "What are you gonna do to me?"