Chapter 14: Get Out Of Town

Wade and Carly spun around at the voice and gasped seeing Bo leaning against the door like he had been watching them for a while "No. We didn't know how much longer you were gonna be and, you know, we didn't wanna interrupt again" Wade told him awkwardly as Bo just stared at him.

"I left you money on the counter, but you don't have the right size. You don't have any 15 inches" Wade said holding up the fan belt and motioned to the money he left so Bo wouldn't actually think they were stealing from him.

Bo looked at Wade with a smirk "I do at the house" Wade looked at Bo warily as his eyes bored into him, it was like he disliked him, Wade just nodded knowingly as Carly looked between the two men as they stared at each other.

"I hope you're not getting the wrong idea that we're in here" Carly said to Bo sweetly as she tried to straighten out the misunderstanding between them, Bo took his eyes off Wade and looked at her with a smile "No, it's okay" he affirmed taking the money Wade left off of the counter.

"Does that cover it?" Wade muttered hoping they could just get the fan belt and leave, he hated the way this Bo guy made him feel and worse he hated the way Bo looked at Carly, his girlfriend.

Bo glanced back over to Wade and shrugged with a smirk "It's close enough" he then turned his eyes to Carly the flirtatious smile appearing again "Why don't we get the one you need? It's only a couple of blocks".

Carly nodded with a kind smile her mother always taught her to be polite even to strangers, she still felt bad about being a little rude to the guy who gave them a ride, plus Bo had just buried someone he probably needs the company right now.

"Yeah, all right" Carly agreed happily as she and Bo stepped forward to leave but Wade didn't budge as he looked a little confused "You keep fan belts at your house?" he questioned Bo suspiciously wondering why he just didn't keep all the fan belts here.

Carly gave Wade a small glare at his suspicion as Bo turned with a small smile "I get things delivered there when I'm not here. If you wanna hold on to the 16 that's fine by me." he smirked at Wade like he knew the younger boy wouldn't take it.

"No, no, no. It's okay." Carly jumped in wanting to go home or at least get back to her friends and brother, the three of them walked outside ready to go up to the house when Wade spoke up "Hey, you mind if I use your restroom real fast?".

Bo kind of stuttered as if he wasn't expecting that "Oh, up at the house. That one's out of order." Wade looked at Bo feeling even more suspicious but had to carry on for Carly's sake she'll just think he's being jealous or rude "All right".

They all carried on walking in silence following Bo up to his house, Wade suddenly remembered the poster he had seen in the town and tried to break the silence "So is it too late to sign Carly up for that beauty pageant?" Carly looked at Wade and laughed knowing his sense of humor.

"Now, unfortunately, it is, because you would've won hands down," Bo told her charmingly making her blush at his words "Thank you" she mumbled flattered as Wade watched them with jealousy, why did he pick such a stupid topic to talk about.

Wade wasn't usually the jealous type but there was just something about the way Bo looked at Carly but he put the bad feelings aside knowing they would be out of here soon and will never see Bo again so he tried to change the subject again, this time to something he knew Bo wouldn't be able to turn around into a compliment for his girlfriend.

"That house of wax is pretty cool" Bo looked at Wade in surprise "You went inside?" He questioned them sharply as Carly and Wade were taken back by his tone " Yeah. Yeah, it was unlocked, so, you know..." Wade muttered trailing off realizing his mistake.

"Everything seems to be unlocked around you, now don't it?" Bo sneered at Wade a little before putting a kinder tone on for Carly "Yeah, people used to come to see it from miles away and Trudy was the main...I guess "artist" is the appropriate word," he told her with a little bit of sadness in his voice.

Carly heard the tone instantly and wondered why he was so sad about it "What about Vincent?" she asked tentatively not wanting to upset him as he looked shocked at what she had said so she explained to him "I saw his name on a lot of the work".

Bo gave her a small smile and continued "He was one of Trudy's boys" Bo's answer was short but it had Carly wanting to know more, she was intrigued by the story "They still around?" she questioned as Wade gave her a look as to ask her to stop asking questions but she didn't acknowledge him as she gazed up at Bo.

"No, no. It's a horrible story. Trudy's husband, Doc Sinclair, he was a doctor in the big city until he got his license revoked for doing surgeries on the side. Stuff that, you know, most doctors wouldn't dare do" Bo began to explain as Carly looked at him enthralled.

"So he moved him and Trudy out here to Ambrose, made a fresh start with his medical practice and, you know, Trudy really found her calling with that whole wax-sculpture thing," He told them as they passed the house of wax "It was her dream to do something really incredible here. And then she had a couple kids, picket fence."

Wade looked at Bo confused "What's horrible about that?" he would love to get Carly into his hometown and have kids of their own. The whole white picket fence deal, he would be content with the apple pie life.

"Trudy got a cyst in her brain. She just started rotting away. Couldn't work no more, and she went crazy. Things got so bad that Doc Sinclair finally had to strap her to the bed. The whole town could hear her screaming. Dr. Sinclair was so depressed that he couldn't save her...he blew his head right off." as Bo told the two this story in a sad voice but still looked totally unaffected by it.

"That's terrible," Carly said to him sadly, pitying the Sinclair family. She thought it was awful for the family to have to go through that, then she thought of Ashley and her awful family life, she and Bo would probably get on great.

"It was worse for the boys, left alone like that. They both ended up in foster homes" Bo told them before stopping the story as they got to his house, Carly looked at the building and noticed it looked older than the other buildings and definitely lived in.

"Hey, why don't you two hop in. I'll go get the fan belt and I'll give you a ride to your car" Both wade and Carly protested politely as Bo pointed to his truck "No, actually, we've got friends picking us up where the road's washed out" Carly explained kindly pointing in the direction of the road.

Bo nodded but still looked determined to take them somewhere "I'll give you a lift. Least I could do for making Y'all wait" Carly and Wade looked at each other and couldn't find a reason to say no so they both nodded in agreement.

"Cool, All right" Wade replied as Bo opened up the door of his truck and Carly jumped in as Wade was about to get in after her when Bo stopped him "Hey, you need to use the facilities, right?" Wade nodded as if he suddenly remembered that he asked to use the bathroom.

Wade looked at Carly who just nodded as he turned back to Bo "Yeah. Thanks" Bo leaned into the car and looked at Carly "Need to use the can?" he asked her smiling his charming smile as let out a small laugh "No, it's okay. I'm fine" he just smiled at her and shut the door.

Carly watched the two walk off together as Wade made a face to her behind Bo's back, Carly smiled at her boyfriend's antics she loved his sense of humor and realized that she wanted to be with him whether they were in his small hometown or New York.

She knew she had to talk to him again and explain how she felt but first she had to get out of this town, it was starting to give her the creeps, noticing the sun was going down all Carly could do was wait.