Chapter 18: Saving Carly & Ashley

Nick walked back up to the garage after not being able to get into the grocery store and frowned when he couldn't see Ashley in front of the garage, he told her to stay where she was but he also knew she was very stubborn.

He saw a guy walking out of the garage and locking the door "Hey. I'm looking for my sister and her boyfriend. They were looking for a fan belt or something" he asked the guy who just shrugged his shoulders.

Nick noticed he was sweaty and out of breath which would be normal if the guy had been working on cars but he wasn't anywhere to be found ten minutes ago, he also looked like he had been in a fight with someone.

"I don't think I've seen them," The guy said trying to walking away, he was getting annoyed with this dudes attitude "This is the only gas station in town, right?" maybe they had gone to a different garage to find Wade fan belt.

Nick heard the guy sigh angrily "That's right" he muttered closing the shutter door as Nick looked around to see if he could see Ash or Dalton or well anybody that was supposed to be here.

"Yeah, then they were definitely here" he sighed frustrated he just wanted to find everyone and leave, this town was starting to get to him and he had been in prison but this town felt a lot creepier.

"I just told you, I didn't see them" the man was watching Nick's every move "Does somebody else work here?" Nick questioned looking around trying to see if he could see another employee. "No, I own the station" the man laughed walking towards Nick "And I would've seen them."

Nick looked at him suspicious something we definitely up he just knew it "Well, I was just here a few minutes ago, and you didn't see me" This guy looked more and more agitated every time Nick spoke, "my girlfriend was here too but now she's gone, did you see her?".

The mechanic looked at Nick in interest as a small smirk appeared on his face "Girlfriend huh? Nope sorry. Can't help you" A muffled noise came from somewhere and Nick looked around warily as the gas station guy was sweating and looked tense "What was that?".

The man shrugged still looking very anxious "Nothing. That was just my dog. Actually, you know what? My brother Vincent was down here for a while. He could've helped your sister out. They could be up at the house" he said pointing towards his house on the hill as he bent down like he was about to tie his shoelace.

Nick turned to see what he was looking at "No, my friend went that way earlier" Nick said watching him standing back up smirking and putting something in his pocket "Really? Well, maybe he ran into my brother up there, then. Wanna head up to the house?" Bo questioned seeming a little too nice now.

Nick thought about it but still something didn't add up this dude was being way too pushy about going to his house but if it was where Carly was he didn't care "Yeah, whatever" They start walking to the house in awkward silence as Nick hoped he'd find Ashley along the way.

Nick looked at the guys shirt and say the name Bo and figured this was the 'Bo' the creepy hillbilly was talking about this morning at the roadkill pile "So, what's your sister look like anyway?" Bo asked as a noise came from behind them.

Nick was just about to answer when he heard a scream, his sister's scream "Nick! Nick, help me!" he turned back to run when Bo tried to stab him with something but Nick quickly dodged it and sent a punch into Bo's face twice.

Nick ran towards the garage locking the door behind him as Bo reached it and banged it loudly before stopping quickly, Nick saw Bo running to the shutter door and jumped on it just as it was being pulling it up, looking around quickly he shoved a screwdriver in the lock to jam it.

Nick ran back to the front door as Bo disappeared from sight but as he looked out into the darkness Bo was nowhere to be seen he looked up and down the street but still couldn't see him, he just hoped Ashley was with Dalton and not out there alone.

"Nick!" his attention was pulled back to his twin sister but had no idea where she was "Carly!" he shouted looking around "I'm downstairs!" Nick ran down a set of stairs and came to a door he pushed it but it didn't budge.

He guessed it was locked and he took a couple of steps back kicking it open, he could see his sister lying on a gurney with her hands and legs taped together.

"Thank God" she whispered her head against the side of the gurney looking exhausted "Jesus" he gasped she looked terrible her mouth was bleeding and she looked like she had been roughed up.

Nick ran to her side feeling bad for letting his sister go with that redneck in the first place especially when Ash told him he shouldn't have let her go, he should have gone too but he was a stubborn asshole "Okay. I'm here. I got you" he told her gently as he started undoing her restraints when she began whimpering.

Nick had never felt so much anger as he was feeling now, he was finally able to feel how Ashley feels most of the time, somebody had hurt his little sister and he wasn't able to protect her.

"Watch my finger. Watch my finger" Nick was so wrapped up in his thoughts he didn't see Carly was missing half of her finger he felt disgusted that he let this happen, he definitely should have gone with her instead of Wade who was coincidentally not here with Carly "Oh, my God. He did this to you?"

"Nick" Carly said with tears running down her face as her brother fussed over her but he wasn't listening he was trying to form a plan but as soon as she said Ashley's name he stopped "I don't know where she is Carly I left her for 5 minutes and when I come back she was gone, I just hope to god she's safe".

Throughout his upset rambling Carly was still trying to call his name he looked at her and saw her point to the corner of the room, turning to follow her line of view Nick's stomach dropped when he looked to see a body, Ashley's body.

Nick ran over as fast as he could screaming her name but she wouldn't wake he tried shaking her but nothing was working, he felt a couple of tears running down his face and turned to Carly who looked at him shocked.

"Has she still got a pulse?" Carly asked hopeful she didn't mean for Ashley to get hurt, she had no idea that Bo would hit her with a metal pipe, she thought that if Ash got angry enough she would be able to overpower Bo and get them both out of here.

Nick pushed two of his fingers on Ashley's neck gently praying that she was still alive her head was covered in blood and he could see she had been hit with something big, he knew Bo had hurt both of his sister and girlfriend and now he was definitely pissed off.

He could feel the soft bumps of Ashley's pulse and sighed with relief "She's alive" Carly gave a cry of happiness but she suddenly just remembered about Bo " Where is he?" Nick didn't want to leave Ash's side but knew he had to start to look for weapons ignoring his sister as he tried to think of a plan.

"Where is he?" Carly asked for a second time sounding more desperate, Nick looked at her and started cutting through the tape on her legs "I locked him out. Where the hell's Wade?" Nick angry knowing that Wade didn't protect her but he couldn't help feel disturbed he knew Wade would die to protect Carly and he just hoped that's not what's happened.

Carly drew in a sad breath she hadn't thought about Wade since she had run from the wax museum screaming, she just couldn't think of him knowing that something has probably happened to him.

"I don't know. He went into the house" She explained to Nick whilst wrapping her finger in a bit of her torn of shirt "This place is a freak show"

They both heard a groan and swearing "Oh son of a motherfucking whore!" Nick smiled automatically knowing it was Ashley, they both ran to her side, Nick was the first to her and grabbed her into a big hug.

Carly hugged them both happy knowing that Ashley was awake and alive, Nick grinned he couldn't help but think of how lucky he was that Carly loved Ashley as much as he did.

Something he hadn't returned when Carly introduced Wade to him but back then in his eyes the small town boy wasn't good enough for his sister, not that he told his sister that he just let her believe that he hated Wade.

Nick and Carly let go of Ashley who just looked up and darkly told them "If you haven't killed him yet he'll wish he was dead when I get hold of him" The twins looked at each other thinking the same thing 'I wouldn't want to be Bo right now!'