Chapter 19: Awoken

I could see the twins looking at me worriedly they knew they had poked the bear and I had been awoken, I wasn't going to let this go Bo hurt my family and none one make me bleed my own blood if that fucker wants a fight he's definitely going to get one.

Jumping down of the chair I held my head feeling a little dizzy, looking around for a weapon I noticed everything in here would cause a lot of damage but it would slow us down if we needed to run.

The sound of an engine starting made us all jump "He's leaving" Nick told looking at the roof like he could see straight through it, the three of us stared up until a thought hit me.

"But why?" I questioned as Nick ushered us to the steel door "he's got us all trapped here?" I said as Carly looked at me worried, grabbing her I pulled her behind me as we all crept back up the stairs.

Nick was holding my hand tightly and I was holding Carly's good hand, I felt her grab onto me like a constricting boa like if she had let go she would lose us.

"All right, stay here" Nick left us on the stairs so he could go and look out for Bo "Hey are you okay?" I asked Carly as she looked at me breathing heavily and nodded but I knew she wasn't.

Turning to her I grabbed her face in my hands and smoothed her hair away from her face "I won't let him hurt you again, okay?" Carly nodded as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Pulling her into my chest I held her tight "I'm here, you're safe" I mumbled into her hair as she shook, peering over at Nick I saw him look out of the window before he nodded to me "Come one Car" I whispered pulling the older girl behind me.

I glance around the room and found a toolbox I grabbed the hardest thing out of it, a wrench. I turned to Carly and Nick they both looked like they didn't know what to do.

"All right. The car's by the road" I started before remembering "Damn it, Dalton's got the keys" I felt my breath catch in my throat, Dalton, we had forgotten all about him.

"We gotta call the cops" Nick mumbled as he ran into the office and picked up the phone from the wall "Shit" he groaned throwing the phone down and putting his hands on his head looking more panicked than I've ever seen him.

Nick looked at me and Carly "where's your cell phones?" I looked on the dirty garage floor to see the broken remnants of my cell phone which Bo had crushed when taking me down to the basement "which part of it?" I huffed crossing my arms.

Nick looked expectantly at Carly " It might be in the truck up near the house. What about Wade? I think he has him too. What if he turns him to wax?" I could feel my face morph into a look of question and that question was of Carly's sanity.

"What do you mean, wax?" Nick asked his twin sister gently, maybe all this was too traumatizing for her, she shook her head in fear " You don't get it. They're all wax, everyone. No, wait" she says after a moment of realization.

She opens the door started walking towards a row of houses as Nick and looked at each other confused but ran after her as we see she was stood in front of a house " There was a woman in here. She was alive. She pulled the curtain back" Carly said as she opened the gate for us.

Nick jumped over the fence and tried to look through the window when the curtain was pulled back by a woman made of wax making Nick yell "The whole town is rigged" I looked at Carly worried, how the hell were we going to get out of here.

"You're saying, that's a real person underneath?" I asked disturbed looking at the face of the elderly wax lady, I heard Carly sigh in relief knowing we believed her "Yes. At the church, they were all like that. At least 20 more" I couldn't help but think of Dalton and wonder if he was in trouble.

I heard Carly and Nick talking but I was too busy thinking about Dalton, I felt Nick grab my arm "Come on" I stood still when he tried to move me and shook my head "I can't".

Carly looked at me confused "Why what's wrong" I shook my head and took a deep breath "I need to go and find Dalton" I whispered as rubbing my hands against my jeans as they began to sweat from fear and adrenaline.

I heard Nick disagreeing with me but I carried on "If we wait until after we find Wade he could be hurt or dead, we need to split up" Nick looked unconvinced "I'll meet you by the house with Dalton" I told him in a stern voice.

Knowing I would go anyway he grabbed me by the shoulder and looked me in the eyes "I love you" I smiled and held my wrench tighter "I love you too" turning to Carly I grabbed her face in my hands as she began to cry again "I want you to stay with Nick, Okay?".

She nodded and wrapped her arms around me tight "Please come back" she whispered to me as I gave her a comforting smile "have I ever let you down?" giving Nick once last nod I turned and began the walk to the wax house.

Looking all around paranoia had set in, I was watching my back in case Bo decided to jump out and grab me again but I knew I had to put on my big girl pants and go find my friend from whatever situation he had surely gotten himself into.

Walking up the steps to the wax house I put my hand on the wall to steady myself "Oh my god, it's wax too" I groaned feeling the greasy texture of the wall, I took a deep breath and opened the door quietly the lights were on but nobody was home.

I could hear music and started walking towards it slowly but the closer I walked I could also hear screaming and pleading Dalton! I grabbed the sharp metal shrapnel I found at the garage out of my boot and looked around the cellar door to see Dalton on the floor crying and a giant man with knives in the air ready to attack.

With the biggest battle cry I could muster I threw myself at the big man and stabbed him in the crease of his shoulder and neck, I heard the man muffle a scream as Dalton shouted my name in relief.

Jumping off the guys back I grabbed Dalton's hand and ran, as we made our way through the Wax museum I stopped in a room that had a piano and saw something that actually made me feel sorrowful for the first time since we left home "Wade" I whispered seeing him sitting at the piano with half of his jaw on show.

Hearing the man's groans I shook myself knowing Wade couldn't be helped and I needed to get Dalton and myself out alive "Come on" I said pulling on Dalton's arm making him run with me again, getting outside I didn't stop until I knew we were safe.

Dalton and I stood trying to get our breaths back as I stood up straight I looked at him fully, he was white as a sheet "Are you okay?" he looked at me for a minute before throwing his arms around me and holding onto me tightly letting himself cry "Thank you, Ash, you saved my life".

Patting his arms I was just glad he was here with me "I wasn't about to leave you behind D" he nodded slowly and I knew he was in shock, I held his hand again and walked towards Bo's house knowing that's where Nick and Carly were heading.