Chapter 15: Evil Bo

I looked out the window of Blake's car and shook my head annoyed, we should have just stayed home, I only came for Nick who was tempted by Blake with free tickets to the football game curtsy of his parent's money.

I looked at my hands as they twitched, my anxiety was kicking in, leaning forward I pressed every button I could reach just for something to do, maybe some music would soothe my demons right now.

Nick and Dalton were both looking at me, Nick's was a knowing look, Dalton's was a worried glance. They both knew what was happening and knew how bad it gets for me, especially in situations I couldn't control.

"Just let me drive, bitch. He gave me the keys, man" Dalton called to Nick as Nick grabbed my hand trying to help me but my mind was still running fast, I stopped pressing when I heard what Dalton said and turned to him smiling.

"Yeah, that's because he thinks Nick's the one who stole the car and crashed it," I told him annoyed feeling Nick squeeze my hand. He was always thankful that I believed it wasn't him when no one else would.

I felt calmer now, but I still turned back to the buttons to keep me occupied. Blake would probably want to kick my ass if I fucked up the radio, but he had to have known it was stupid to let Nick, Dalton and I have free reign of his car.

"Whatever. You didn't have to cover for me, dude" Dalton pouted as Nick and I shared a look, last year Dalton stole a car and took it joy riding, he was drunk obviously. Nick found out about it and covered for him, he got sent to jail for resisting arrest.

It was the worst couple of months of my life but I didn't blame Dalton, everyone makes mistakes "Your jacket's clean, all right? Mine's already got plenty of stains on it. One more's not gonna make a difference" Nick mumbled as silence enveloped the three of us.

I looked at the GPS, the little arrow wasn't even on the road anymore it was like we were driving towards a ghost town, I pressed the buttons on the GPS to see if it was a glitch "Where the hell is this place? Town's not even on the GPS" I told the boys they both looked at the screen and frowned.

"That's weird" Nick replied as he pressed some of the same buttons I did, my anxiety began to creep back in as I gave my boyfriend a soft glare "Yeah, no shit.."

:::

Carly looked out of the truck windows, the sun was long gone and the only things that were giving out light was the light on the front of Bo's house and a few street lamps; she sighed wondering what was taking them both so long.

Noticing the radio she pushed a button trying to get it to work, but it was obviously broken, the truck itself looked like it was on its last life. Carly looked around again and got out the car to stretch her legs.

She walked up the stairs and glanced over the house trying to find signs of Wade or Bo coming back, frowning she leaned against the wall crossing her arms. As Carly looked out in the darkness, the hairs on her arms stood on end when she saw the truck she had just been sitting in was missing a headlight, just like the truck that Ashley had hit yesterday.

Panicking Carly walked back over to the truck and grabbed her cell, dialing Blake's number as her hands shook, she just hoped that Blake and Paige were close by "Hey, it's Blake. You know what to do" frustrated and scared she left a voicemail.

"Guys, where the hell are you? Remember the truck that came to the campsite last night? I think we just ran into him," before she could say anything else the front door opened and Bo stepped out, without Wade.

Carly hid her phone behind her back when Bo gave her a smile "Where's Wade?" she called out nervously, hoping that he was okay and was about to come out of the house any minute so they could get the hell out of this town.

Bo looked confused for a minute "Oh, he's not out here? Guess he's still in the bathroom, then," he smirked walking down the stairs holding a box full of car stuff "I got the fan belt. You're not in a hurry, are you? Because I wanted to load the truck up with some stuff first,".

Carly knew something wasn't right, so she jumped back into the truck locking all the doors, she knew she had to trust her gut on this one, Bo came by the window looking bemused "What are you doing?" he asked innocently but Carly could see right through it and stayed where she was "waiting for Wade".

Throwing the box of car parts Bo circled the truck "Open the damn door. This is my truck" he laughed lightheartedly but Carly was getting more scared by the second and was praying for Wade to come and help her.

Bo was pulling at the door handles still trying to get into his truck "Hey, what is the matter with you? If you don't open this door, I'm gonna call the cops" but Carly knew different she knew Bo wasn't as innocent as he was putting on.

The nice guy act for earlier that she fell for was a hoax and Wade could see through it that's why he looked so suspicious of him, he was the man from the campsite but she didn't know what he wanted from them.

"You're the guy from the campsite" Bo's face changed into something evil looking when he realized she had figured out who he was, he slammed his hand and elbows into the window trying to get to Carly who had begun to scream.

He finally broke the window and grabbed Carly's legs who was still shouting for Wade "What are you doing? Get out of the truck. Stop it. I'm just trying to help you. Give me the keys. Hey. Hey. Stop it, or I'm calling the cops" Bo shouted at her but she wasn't falling for it this time.

In the midst of being grabbed Carly dropped her phone whilst trying to keep a hold on the car seat, Bo grabbed both of her legs and tried to pull her through the broken window.

Carly remembered the keys were still in the ignition and started the truck, she pulled the truck into reverse and pushed the pedal with one hand, steering with the other. The truck backed up fast but Bo still had a hard grip on her legs.

She pressed down on the brakes hard and felt the grip Bo had on her disappear as he tumbled down the grassy bank, she pulled her legs back through the window breathing hard and sniffing to herself.

Carly put the truck back into drive and slammed her foot on the pedal but the truck didn't move an inch, she could hear the wheels squealing and the smell of burning rubber entered her nose, the truck was stuck.

She couldn't see Bo anymore, but just because she couldn't see him doesn't mean he's not there waiting for her to get out of the truck so he could grab her, as she pulled the button to turn the headlights on Bo slammed on the hood of the truck making Carly shriek in surprise.

Opening the small window behind her she climbed out of it and into the back of the truck tripping over things as she goes, Carly doesn't even look back as she runs as fast as she can.

She needed to put as much distance between her and Bo as she could, she knew Blake would be on his way to pick them up but she didn't know if her or Wade would be there or if Bo would find her first, remembering her boyfriends Carly let out a small sob "Oh god, Wade"