2

After about an hour and a half of laying around the bed and doing nothing besides scrolling on her phone — thanking the ship for having wifi somehow — Irene finally got up and dressed her self in the elegance of her black dress.

She was in the process of adding red lipstick to her soft lips in the mirror when the sudden opening of the door made her jump. So close, so close, to smudging her lipstick. The little scare seemed to set her off since she had already came in a pissed off mood.

Irene groaned out in frustration and rolled her eyes, standing up to get the door and preparing her voice to politely shout at her father. She didn't care what he had to say at this point.

"It's already a handful to keep on having to repeat to Jisoo to knock before entering!" Irene rolled her eyes as she made her way into the living room. Her eyes met the man dressed in a nice suit.

"Sorry, Joohyun. I'm just on edge about tonight's dinner. If I don't make a well impression, even with my daughters, I could lose this opportunity."

Her father smiled when his eyes trailed Irene's dress, a gift from her mother on her birthday. She had never asked for a dress. She asked for something simple like money and food but of course her mother deemed that 'unclassy' and 'damaging to her reputation'. Irene didn't understand how a birthday wish could damage her.

"Speaking of tonight's dinner, are you set? It starts in less than half an hour." Her father showed off his set of perfect teeth once more as he clasped his hands.

Irene huffed out some air,

"No."

"Joohyun."

"Yes, I am ready father." She shot a fake smile as her father did the same, oblivious to the fake factor.

"You don't have to speak much. Just be respectful, answer their few questions and everything will be fine. Okay?"

Irene's father turned and followed his daughter as she walked around him to the washroom one last time. She fixed her hair as the man's eyes pierced at her.

"Joohyun, answer me." Her father demanded with a strict voice.

"Whatever."

***

Irene didn't know what to expect, but when she saw the sophisticated dining hall, she couldn't help but let her jaw drop at the beauty. Soft classical jazz piano playing softly though the dark large room where wooden tables lay draped with white and gold accented cloths. The white ceiling with dim lights that hung an enormous and beautiful crystal chandelier in the centre of the hall. She finally understood the 'luxurious' description her father had stated so many times as she finally was standing there, observing it with her own eyes.

"You always have such a fine taste, Jisung." Irene's mother sweet talked with her husband as their children dragged behind them. The cabbage trying not to vomit right then and there while the chicken lover beside her batted her eyelashes with a smile.

The four were escorted to a table off to the side where it was more dim due to the light's absence by a waiter. Irene who was guessing were the Lee's that her father had talked so greatly of stood up with radiating smiles as their own family did the same - of course not Irene.