14

Happy Seulrene day. Secure your wig. Grab an inhaler. Don't forget a box of tissues. Strap your seatbelt. Take a deep breath in and a deep breath out. Enjoy.

---

The immediate 'oh's' and 'wows' from Seulgi's friends and the death glare from Irene towards them especially Wendy gave her no choice but to push herself out into the hallway.

"Irene? What are you doing here? How did you find me? You shouldn't be here." Seulgi whispered in attempt to make the quiet leave but was given a completely opposite gesture of a hug. Seulgi stiffened at the contact but eventually melted into Irene's warm embrace, wrapping her own arms around the tiny girl.

"Irene, are you okay?"

"Me? Am I okay? I'm fine. Are you okay?" Irene whispered into the taller latter's chest whose heart was being incredibly fast.

"I'm okay but you shouldn't be here Irene." Seulgi urged.

"Why?"

"My boss wouldn't like to see you here. Especially after... What happened."

The arms around Seulgi tightened with a loud exhale.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"About what?"

"About everything. I'm so sorry Seulgi."

"It's not your fault."

"Yes it is. Don't say it's not."

"It's mine."

Irene pulled back and Seulgi wasn't going to defend the slight frown that appeared on her face.

"Don't you dare say that."

Before Seulgi could push any evidence, footsteps down the corridor stopped her.

"Irene, you should really go now." Seulgi panicked while gently pushing the girl.

Seeing Seulgi's worry, Irene nodded.

"Okay but promise me you'll be safe."

"Okay."

"Seulgi."

"I promise you Irene."

"Thank you. Oh and one last thing." Irene stood up on her tippy toes and leaned her mouth into Seulgi's ear who stiffened once more.

"Don't get too close to your friends."

The older one dropped down to her heels and gave Seulgi a final innocent smile before turning off down the hallway.

Seulgi stood beside the door, collecting her thoughts on Irene's words. Maybe she misheard her? No, Seulgi was sure her hearing was fine. 

The bear shook her head like it would help get rid of the rosy blush that was surfacing onto her cheeks. With a soft smile, she went to open the door but it felt like an invisible barricade was blocking it. She shoved the door once more and this time, a few shouts came from the inside as the door flew open, seeing Lisa and Yeri on the ground beside the door once she stepped inside.