13

Seeing the time on the wall that symbolized her break was near, Seulgi frantically wiped her tears as she neared her dormitory, hearing Yeri's voice screaming a song inside, she pushed a chuckle through a sniffle and entered the hot room with a weak air conditioning circulation.

"Yah Seulgi unnie! The captain came and he assigned us all-" Yeri opened her clutched eyes, frown drifting upon seeing Seulgi's state.

"Seulgi? What's wrong?"

Seulgi showed a weak smile to the girl who's aura had fell, ruffling her dirty blonde hair with another sniff.

"Nothing. Don't worry about me. What were you saying?"

"Oh, right! The captain assigned us to the casino tonight!"

Seulgi clenched her jaw with unease,

"The casino?"

The Squirtle nodded eagerly with her common smile that resurfaced.

"Why are you so excited?"

Yeri looked at Seulgi in shock that was soon followed by a scoff,

"Why? Why? Because we don't have to do kitchen or wait staff duty! We're finally doing something different!" Yeri pounced with her liberal values.

"I don't know."

"Come on Seulgi! You only live once!" 

The statement made Seulgi cringe but in the end, the persuasive optimism from Yeri infected Seulgi.

The giddy girl was stopped as if a bell rung in school, the rest of the girls suddenly came pouring in with bright expressions, chattering about stuff Seulgi didn't necessarily care about.

"Guys! Guys! We'll be stationed at the casino tonight!" Yeri yelled with joy who said name squealed immediately through the still atmosphere.

"I know! I know!" The maknaes's presence was only in the room for about a few more moments before they bolted to their rooms, loud and grateful shouts pounding through the thin walls.

"Jeez." Wendy laughed in way to Seulgi who's mono eyes scanned the shorter girl's.

"How are you? How is it being Irene's assisstant?" Wendy smirked but quickly wiped it off at Seulgi's quietness.

"Seulgi?"

"Y-Yea?" The bear dazed back to Wendy.

"How is it going with you and Irene?"

The older one gulped, feeling guilt and worry?

 "Uhm, I think the ties have been cut today."

Wendy's eyes immediately bulged out of her head, representing one of her trademarked faces,

"What? Why? What happened?!"

Seulgi took her bottom lip between her teeth and chewed, eyes falling to her black shoes in fear of eye contact.

"Her father's opinion."