Time Travel Pt.1

Time travel AU
Ben and Beverly decide to do more exploring about why IT is doing what it's doing, so they go back in time and have to look like normal citizens. Thanks to @PhGshipper for the idea.

Bev's P.O.V
It's been a month after we entered the Neibolt house. All the losers separated and did their own thing, ignoring IT. But I want to do more. I'm going to go back in time and figure out why IT hunts children. But I need someone to go with me. Not Richie, Eddie, Stan, Bill none of them.

I'm going to ask Ben to come with me. I walked out of my room and found my Dad lying on the couch, passed out. I took this opportunity and grabbed the phone, putting in Ben's house number. "Please pick up, Hanscom," I begged as I heard the phone ring.

Ben's P.O.V
I was reading one of Derry's history books when my house phone started ringing. I closed my book and sighed, getting off my bed and walking to it. "Hello, Ben Hanscom speaking," I said. "Hey Ben." I nearly dropped the phone. Bev was ringing me! After an entire month!

"Hey Bev, how's it going?" I try to ask casually. "I need you to help me with something." "And that thing is?" I asked worriedly.

"I need you to help me travel back 89 years." "Why?" "I wanna find out why IT hunts children." I hesitated about this request. If we go back 89 years, IT would probably recognize us, considering his powers. But if I go with her, it'll give us time to bond. "Fine, I'll help you." "Really?!?" She said excitedly. "Yes I will. It's not as if the others are gonna help." I said matter-of-factly.

"Thank you, Ben, thanks so much! Meet me at the Quarry tomorrow at 12pm." "Okay. Wait Bev, your dad, what are you gonna tell him?" "I'll tell him I'm going to the pharmacy." "For what? A couple of days?" "True. If I'm honest Ben, can I stay with you?"

Bev's P.O.V
I felt nervous when there was silence at the end of the phone. That was until I heard an excited squeal. "Of course you can stay, Bev! You're welcome any time!" "Thanks, New Kid, anyway see ya later." I said, blushing. "See ya later Bev." I heard the phone hang up and I turned around and saw my dad getting up.

I quickly ran away a couple of feet away from the phone so it didn't look suspicious. "Bevvie," my dad called me over. I reluctantly walked over to him. "Yes, daddy?" "Who was on the phone?" Shit. I'm screwed.

Suddenly an idea popped into my head. "It was the pharmacy," I said. "Why were you ringing them?" He questioned, holding my hand. ( Before you ask, this is NOT when Bev kills her dad ) "I needed tablets, for my throat," I said lying. "Okay, you're still my little girl, right?" "Yes daddy." I said quietly. "Good girl, you can go now." He said, letting go of my hand.

I walked away, silently celebrating that tomorrow afternoon at 12pm, I'll be leaving this hell hole. I quietly packed some of my stuff away, getting into bed. I quickly remembered my Time-Turner (Hp fans anyone) and tucked it round my neck. I fell asleep, knowing I'll finally be living with Ben. Ben Hanscom.