First Date

This is set after they defeat IT. Bill didn't kiss her in this. Ben got to her first lol. Also Bev moved in with Ben. ( read time travel series )

Ben's P.O.V
I was so nervous for today. I'm finally gonna ask Beverly on a date! I walked to her room and stopped for a minute. Anxiety started kicking in, but I shook it off and knocked on her bedroom door. I heard a faint  "come in" and opened the door.
Beverly was sitting on her bed with her keyboard (from the montage with "Dear God")
sitting in her lap. The music she was playing really good. I then realized she was playing "Please don't go girl" by New Kids On the Block. "New Kids On the Block huh," I said, remembering when we first met. "Shut up, Bookworm," Bev said flipping me off.

Normally, I would've been annoyed if anyone did it to me like Richie or something, but if Bev did it it's ok. "So what do you want?" She said and that's when I began to feel nervous.

What if she says no? Am I making the worst decision of my life? Ok, here it goes. "Bev I want to ask you something." "What is it Hanscom?" I cleared my throat and said, "Bev, for a while, no scratch that, a LONG time and you may not know this but to me you're the most beautiful girl I ever laid eyes on. And I know you figured out that it was me who wrote you the poem, and I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me?"

I looked at Bev and it looked like she was on the verge of tears. "Oh Ben, you really mean that?" "Yes I do Bev, I truly mean it," I said with a smile on my face. She ran up to me and hugged me.

"Yes, I'll go on a date with you." "Will we go for a date today?" I asked sheepishly. She nodded and pulled away. "Can we go to the Quarry?" This time it was my turn to nod. "Right it's settled. The Quarry at 3pm. You can dress normally." She said  and walked back to her bed. I smiled like an idiot and walked out, excited for our date.

I ran to the kitchen and packed a picnic with sandwiches, chocolate bars, cookies and energy drinks. I also packed a little blanket, considering the ground at the Quarry was kinda rocky. I grinned and took the basket to my room, closing the door behind me.

~Time skip to 3pm~

I walked over to Bev's room and knocked on her door, basket in hand. The door opened and Bev came out looking as radiant as ever. Granted she was wearing her red top and her overalls. (I think that's what it was) "Wow Bev, you look beautiful."

Bev's P.O.V
I felt my face heating up at his comment and pushed my hair behind my ear. "T-thanks Ben," I replied and as I said that, I noticed a basket in his hand. "Ben, what are you doing with a basket?" "Oh, I thought we could have a picnic. I know it's cliche, but-," "It's okay Ben, I love it," I said, which caused him to blush.

"Come on, lets go," Ben said, grabbing my hand and walked to his front door.

~Time skip to the Quarry~

Me and Ben finished our picnic and considering it was still daytime, we laid beside each other and looked at the clouds. We were discussing thoughts when Ben asked a particular question: "Bev, do you still like Bill?" That question made me turn around to face him. "Why do you ask?" Ben sucked in a deep breath and said, "I ask because I saw the way you looked at him. You look at him so... happy, especially when we were at your house cleaning the blood."

I remembered that day so clearly, and I remembered how much I smiled around Bill. But my feelings for him grew less, while my feelings for Ben grew more. "And look at him Bev! He's everything I'm not! He's skinny, he's handsome, you probably think his stutter is cute and I.." he paused. I motioned for him to continue. "I'm afraid of losing you."

He said the last part with such sadness and when I looked into his eyes I saw tears. I lifted my hand and rubbed away his tears. "Ben, you're never gonna lose me." He sniffed and looked at me. "Really?" "Really." I gave him a kiss on the cheek and stood up.

He stood up as well and we walked home, our hands linked. Of course we had the basket with us, but that was the least of our worries. When we got home I thanked him for the date and went to my room, grabbing my keyboard and just playing random keys.

I looked over at the postcard with the poem written on the back of it. It was then that I knew who I was in love with. I was in love with Ben Hanscom, and nothing or anything was gonna change that.
A/N: This had to be one of my favs to write. It was really nice for me to write and just Benverly in general. There my OTP. They better get together in Chapter 2 like they did in the 1990 miniseries. That's all. If u have an idea, send me it! Love y'all xx