"I-i dont know if it's the clown.."

Because I haven't seen Chapter 2 yet, (sadly), I'm gonna write a 1990 adult Benverly.

Ben's P.O.V

Bev and I were hugging outside of the Derry Inn (I think), she was sobbing and I was comforting her.
"Oh, Ben. I want to tell you something. You remember what my father was like?" She sobbed next to my ear. I nodded quickly and let her continue.

"I fell in love with a man who......" she paused for a slight second,"....who turned out to be everything I hated in my father. Why would I do that? How could I be so blind?" She laughed/cried into my ear.

I held my hand in her head and said comfortingly to her,"If you see it now, you're not blind anymore, Bev. Congratulations, that's a miracle."

"Besides," I continued," at least you fell in love with somebody. At least you felt something, that's a miracle too."

"You have the heart of a poet, Ben," She said, then she became quiet. I enjoyed the silence for a while, until she spoke up,

"Your hair is winter fire."

My eyes widened, and I pushed her away from me. "Why did you say that?!"

"You wrote it, didn't you?" She asked,"Your hair is winter fire, January embers......something. When I was young I thought it was Bill. But it was  you, wasn't it?" She seemed oblivious to my internal panic.

"Damn it, Bev is that you or the clown!" I shouted, scared out of my mind, I already made the mistake of kissing the damn clown, I'm not doing it again.

"I don't know what's going on! How am I supposed to know!" I shouted again, trying to get away from her.

"It's me!" She said gently grabbing my head and keeping me still. "It's me." She pecked my lips and put her head on my shoulder. I put my palm on my face and breathed heavily.

I dug my head closer into her shoulder. We stayed silent for a while, until she spoke up again,"My heart burns there, too."

I lifted my head up and pecked her on the lips again. We paused for a second before we kissed harder than we were before, my hand on the back of her head and her arm around my neck.

We were kissing for a while until we were interrupted. "*cough* *cough*" we heard behind us. We turned around to see Eddie looking at us.

(Ok this part is made up because the videos on YT stopped when Benverly turned around and the scripts not clear enough so yeah)

"If you could stop making out in the middle of the street that would be great," he chuckled. "Wow, Eddie, stealing Richie's thunder, are we?" I joked back. Bev giggled and Eddie chuckled again.

"No but seriously, we need you guys in here." "Ok we'll be there in a minute," I sighed, looking at Bev. She smiled at me and began walking inside. I didn't know what we were, but one thing I know for sure.

I fell in love with her again.

Ok so that's it. If you could be kind and not post spoilers in the comments I would really appreciate it. I promise when I see Chapter 2 I'll make a 2019! Adult Beverly. Bye👋🏻💓