Joy (ANGST)

The mood seemed to drop in a split second and I could sense a mild feeling of fury radiate from Hobi. I began to worry, maybe it wasn't the best time to ask about something like that. I began to scoot away not wanting any harm to come to me.

I looked at his eyes noticing how his stare darkened and his hands became fists. Even though he wasn't looking directly at me I felt as though his stare could burn holes straight through me and that's what made me want to run and hide. I pulled my legs to my chest and hid my face.

I felt the couch shift and then sink again, but this time the weight was closer.

"I'm so, so sorry. I didn't m-mean to ask such a stupid question."

*sigh*

"(y/n), it wasn't a stupid question... it just hurts, it hurts so fucking much." He cried.

I brought my head up checking on Hobi. His eyes looked like they were gonna burst at any moment. I could feel my heart clench in my chest. 

I slowly scooted closer to him careful not to break him at that moment and I pulled him into a hug. His tears began to spill onto my chest and he wrapped his arms around my back as well, hugging me like a child would to their mom. I soothingly stroked his hair trying to calm down his sobs.

"She was a lot like you." He whispered.

"She was my world and I loved her with all my heart. Her name was Joy. Heh, funny isn't it, Joy and Hope...Jhope. She came from Jungkook's old pack. She was a fighter, but she was still so kind and didn't let anyone bring her down. I remember the day I lost her. It was the same day Jungkook lost his brother. I can remember her last desperate 'I love you'."

Flashback- Hobi's POV

I was sneaking through the forest to the New moon pack to meet up with Joy when I felt a feeling of dread fall on me. I knew something was wrong. I could feel her fear making me speed up.  

When I arrived at the New moon pack I saw bodies of women, children, warriors everywhere. My knees gave out from under me and an unbearable pain shot through me.

 'Joy I need to get to Joy' was all I could think of. 

I got up and I searched all over for her until I saw her body leaning against a tree. She had blood soaking through her shirt and deep gashes running up her face and arms.

"Hoseok..." She croaked reaching a weak arm out to me.

I picked her up resting her in my arms. I pulled her close to my chest. Her body was cold and her breath was shallow.

"I'm here. I'm here now." I brushed her hair out of her face so that I could see those beautiful brown eyes that I adored.

"H-hoseok...If I d-die...I d-don't want you t-to..." She croaked with tears falling from her eyes as she weakly smiled.

"Baby what are you talking a-about? You're going to be just f-fine. So, don't talk l-like that." I held her hand in my palm rocking her gently while heavy painful tears slipped from my eyes, burning against my cheeks as they fell.

"I'm so g-glad...that I w-was able...t-to have you as m-my...mate...don't forget it o-okay?" she whispered happily with what strength she had left.

"Baby please d-don't..."

"I-I Jung Joy...the happiest m-mate on Earth...reject J-Jung H-ho-hoseok...a-as m-my mate..." and just like that the mate bond was broken and she saved my life. 

I could feel my heart break within my chest, but it the pain couldn't compete with what was happening in my arms. She became so pale as blood dripped from her once pink lively lips and she coughed up the scarlet liquid that painted the ground beneath her.