Here for you

The very next day I was helping out the pack with breakfast. Jin and I worked the kitchen like a well-oiled machine, we cooked like there was no tomorrow. Sadly Jungkook's been in his office all day and Namjoon's been MIA as well. Jin and I are starting to get a little worried it's not like them to miss breakfast not to mention lunch.

Negative thoughts and possibilities are making cleaning difficult. What if something happened to them? I looked over my shoulder at Jin while he delicately put the white plates away into the cupboard. However his face showed it all, he too wanted to go upstairs to check on them.

We would be running up there right now, but we both know that our alphas hate to be disturbed during work. Plus they're probably just busy and we're overreacting. Well, that's what I was trying to convince myself, however, I couldn't deny the sinking feeling I had in the pit of my stomach. With a heavy sigh, I stopped cleaning and turned on my heels.

"(y/n) where are you going?" Jin called from the corner of the kitchen.

"I need to check up on Jungkook, he hasn't come down yet and I'm really starting to get worried."

"Okay, I'll finish cleaning down here, but can you check up on Namjoon for me. He also hasn't come down all day, I think he's with Jungkook."

"Sure, thank you." He just waved me off with a smile and returned to cleaning the kitchen.

Quietly one foot after the other I slowly walked down the long dark hallway. Sometimes I wished that this place wasn't so big and scary, it always made me scared to grab a glass of water at night. Even with all the people living in here it still felt empty now and then. I guess they still carried that cold rogue aura even in their sleep.

The sound of chatter started to get louder and louder as I got closer to Jungkook's office. I guess he was talking on the phone to someone, they sounded angry. It made me second guess whether or not to go in there, or even knock on the door. Maybe if I stayed here a little longer I could assess the situation.

But then the sound of Jungkook's deep voice drew me closer. I stepped forward and accidentally stepped on a creaky floorboard.

"I think someone's outside," Namjoon warned on the other side of the door.

'Shit!'

I froze right there on the spot. The door quickly swung open not giving me a chance to get away, but I was practically glued to the floor so I couldn't have got away if I tried.

"Oh, (y/n). It's just you, I thought someone was eavesdropping on our conversation." Namjoon explained.

"Ahah no. I was just here to stop by and check on you guys. Jin and I got worried cause you and Jungkook didn't come to eat yet. What are you guys doing up here anyway?"

"Well...why don't you come in first." He answered hesitantly.

I followed his kind gesture into the office. Instantly I found myself staring at my lovely alpha as he ran his hand through his hair. He was examining a piece of paper that laid flat in the middle of his dark oak desk.

He took a quick glimpse up, locking eyes with mine. "(y/n)? What are you doing here? I thought you were out helping the pack?"

"Well, I got worried because you weren't in bed when I woke up and you didn't come downstairs all day."

"Sorry about that, it's just that I have a lot on my plate right now." He stated, looking back down at that one piece of paper. I'm starting to think he cares more about that piece of paper than me.

"What's that paper about?" I say taking a step towards his desk.

He moves the paper away from me and now I'm just about ready to snatch that paper right out of his hands.

"It's nothing to worry about, really it's nothing."

"Stop lying Jungkook and tell me what it is." He's starting to irritate me, so I  got closer.

"Nothing."

"Tell me what it is already. You've been up here all day, so it must be important. Tell me what's on that paper."

Why does he keep on trying to hide this paper from me? Is it really that bad, he's been cooped up here with Namjoon over this one stupid paper. Why can't I see it?

"There's nothing on this paper that you need to know about."

"Why are you hiding it if there's nothing on it and why am I not allowed to see it?! I'm Luna of this pack so if it concerns my pack it concerns me!"

"DAMN IT! I SAID IT'S NOTHING SO STOP ASKING AND MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS! YOU'RE NOTHING MORE THAN SOME PAMPERED PRINCESS THAT DOESN'T KNOW SHIT!"

I flinched back at the harshness of his voice, his glowing red eyes scared me most of all. How could he? I could feel the anxiety of before creep up on me, reminding me of when I used to be a prisoner here. I just wanted to know. My eyes grew blurry as they filled with tears.

"F-fine, I'll just l-leave." I turned around hiding my face and headed towards the door. "I'll tell Jin that y-you're okay Namjoon. Don't f-forget to come down for dinner, so that you guys eat. I don't want you guys to over w-work yourselves up here, so d-don't forget that it's okay to take a b-break, Okay?"

I looked up at Namjoon as I felt my tears slowly spill. I could tell he felt pity for me, but I didn't really want to be comforted right now. I turned back to the door and grasped the shiny golden knob, giving it a faint twist opening up the door.

"Wait! (y/n), I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you like that. I-"

"I know. It's okay, I know you're stressed right now and work comes first right. Just remember that I'm always here for you Jungkook." With that, I close the door not wanting to hear any more of his voice.

I walked back down the hallway not caring where I went just as long as it was away from there. 

When I got far down one of the halls my anxiety finally caught up with me and I slid down the wall, balling myself up with my head on my knees. All he did was yell when I just wanted to help him. He seemed stressed and I thought maybe I could help him, but he obviously doesn't trust me since he still hides things from me. 

His work always seems to come first, leaving me in second place. I'm his mate, so why am I not as important as I should be. He said that he'd prove to me just how much loves me, but he probably just said that as a spur of the moment thing.

In the midst of my turmoil, the memory of my brother's voice comes to my mind.
"But if he EVER hurts you I want you to come back home right away got it?"