1

Lauren Jauregui had never been one to be a morning person. Especially on this foggy rainy day; Lauren was in no rush to get up.
She laid in her bed a few moments longer, appreciating the softness and warmth her bed had to offer, before she obliged herself to have a shower and get ready for the day; not wanting to be late for the first day of her Senior year.
She dressed in a pair of black high-waisted jeans, along with a pink Adidas t-shirt and a black leather jacket.
She considered wearing a raincoat, but that would only ruin her attempt at dressing casual. She'd rather get wet than wear something ridiculously silly.

Lauren grabbed her bag and keys from the hallway cupboard and then trudged out to her car, holding a small black umbrella above her head as she did so.
The roads were mostly empty as she drove the short distance to school, causing Lauren to stop off at a nearby coffee shop to warm herself up before school started.

It was only 7:50 when she strolled in through the schools' big double doors, her coffee clutched tightly in her left palm to ensure her a slight bit of warmth. She reached her new homeroom a few moments later and sat down at the back of the class, taking her time-table from her homeroom teacher before so.

Lauren wasn't one to hang out with herds of people at school, she much preferred smaller reserved groups. Lauren was popular, to say the least. Every student adored her hard ego, manipulated by her rough and gorgeous exterior.
She paid no attention to the hundreds of longing glances she'd get a day, from male students and sometimes even a females too. Lauren was never one for a bright happy relationship. She didn't believe in love at first sight and happily ever afters. They were all fairy tales to her, she wanted the world to be more realistic.

She smiled warmly at her best friend Normani Kordei who was also sat in the back row, slowly scrolling through her phone.
"Laur!" The brown-eyed girl embraced her into a small hug, patting the empty seat beside her. "Miss Lawrence is just beginning her lecture on Senior year. Try not to fall asleep."

Lauren chuckled and then listened intently to her homeroom teacher as she began to talk the class through some things that had changed around the school, including the schools' head-teacher and class sizes.

A few moments after her teacher's short, but useful presentation, the bell rang.
Lauren linked arms with her best friend, Normani Kordei, and the duo walked quietly to their next class -geography- with plastered smiles on their faces.

Lauren knew she often had a facade of a dark persona, but on the inside she was more innocent than a cloud. Sweet, soft and gentle.
Nothing in life really seemed to faze Lauren. She was alive, but she certainly wasn't living.
She didn't exactly know what was wrong with her, or what had caused her to act this way. But Lauren walked through the school halls without a care in the world, feeling no exact emotion at all.
She didn't think it was possible to feel emotion again. That was all before a certain brown-eyed girl came into the picture.

**********************

It was three lessons later, and Lauren was sat in the canteen with Normani and her other best friend Ally Brooke.
The three were chatting about their classes, talking about the usual things -boys, homework, teachers- nothing too interesting.
They were well aware of the constant glances that were being sent their way, but made no move to dwell on it.
Being popular was both a blessing and a curse to the girls, at least, that's how it was to Lauren.
She sat up from her chair when she heard the bell go, and excused herself politely to double-science.

Science was easy for Lauren. She enjoyed the fact that the answers could be found in more than one way, showing it to be easier than Maths in her opinion.
She closed her eyes as the teacher droned on about the school's expectations, the plan for the year ahead.
Her teachers' voice was a muffled blur until the bell pierced through the air and the green-eyed girl shot up from her seat, strolling tiredly through the halls to the last lesson of the day.