10

Lauren's PoV

Monday approaches quicker than I expected, and before I know it I'm sulking down the halls to Camila's classroom, my hands sweaty and shaking lightly by my sides.

"It's okay Laur." Ally says grinning. Her hand rubs my left shoulder in small circles whilst the other gently pats my back.

Having told her and Normani what had happened on that Saturday night, something along the lines of - "Ally, Normani! I just kissed Camila!"- and then an amused reply of "Haha Lauren, you're funny. Go to sleep, you're probably drunk or something,". And then, to make the night even worse, I broke down on the phone, sobbing into my free hand whilst my eyes squeezed shut.
"Oh, shit." Normani had said. "I don't think she's joking."
And they'd gotten to my apartment faster than light, emerging at my front door with a tub of vanilla ice cream and bottle of coke. And then I'd cried again, into their shoulders, my breath still smelling of Alcohol, as they gently rubbed my back.

So, that leaves me here, standing outside Miss Cabello's classroom with my throat tight and my chest knitted.

"You've got this." Normani says with a reassuring smile. She gently pats my back and then waves goodbye, hurrying down the hall with Ally to their shared class, shouting a; "We'll see you at Lunch Laur!", as they do so.

I watch them walk away down the hall, and I breathe in a deep breath, pinching the bridge of my nose.

I push open the door to see most of the class already sat down, Camila stood writing something on the board whilst her back faces the class.

The knot in my chest becomes tighter, my throat closing in even more. I stop in the middle of the classroom for what seems like minutes, staring at Camila's back form. A tight white dress that closes round to her mid thighs. adorns her perfect figure. Her long brown hair is pulled up into a messy bun, her neck soft and bare.

I clear my throat and hurry to my usual seat, surprised to see Shawn looking up at me with a small smile, his fingers playing nervously by his sides.

"Hey Lauren." He says slowly. "Hope you don't mind me sitting here, I didn't really fancy sitting next to Austin and all the other asshole jocks. You know, especially after what happened last time."

Right, Austin's friend Calling me a dyke. How could I forget? The school didn't do much about the situation, just sent Josh home that day with a measly warning, and Shawn a detention after school for the whole week.
As for me, I got a letter home sent to my mother, noting exactly what Josh had said to me.
I'd thrown it away, of course. It wasn't that I was scared my mom would think differently of me being gay -I knew she wouldn't- heck, her best friend was gay, but I didn't want her to worry about me. I know if she'd have found the letter, Josh wouldn't hear the end of it.

"Assholes they definitely are." I sigh as I flop down next to him.

We share a short sweet smile before Camila turns around from the board, giving a broad smile to the class. Her bangs sweep into her face from the wind outside, and she brushes them out of her face and tucks them behind her ear, only for them to fall into her face again.

She doesn't look my way. Which is nothing less than I expected, although I'm still disappointed. She can't even spare me one glance, it's like I'm too much of a fuck up to even look at.